Only in America

The Fish

She still doesn't get it and is in fact a hate filled bigot herself. Homophobia is not the province of Islam alonel and all of the political attacks on the LGBT community come from the conservative christian right. I watched the interview and they were just calling it another terrorist attack and were not looking at the persecution the LGBT community experiences constantly at all.

She still doesn't get it and is in fact a hate filled bigot herself. Homophobia is not the province of Islam alonel and all of the political attacks on the LGBT community come from the conservative christian right. I watched the interview and they were just calling it another terrorist attack and were not looking at the persecution the LGBT community experiences constantly at all.

Owen Jones wasn't even making it about him. I suspect she realises this though.

Owen Jones was right, but storming off like that makes him look like a child, not a serious journalist.

Looks like this piece of shit hated himself more than he hated homosexuals or loved Islam though....

Owen Jones was right, but storming off like that makes him look like a child, not a serious journalist.

Looks like this piece of shit hated himself more than he hated homosexuals or loved Islam though....

Must've been fucking exasperating like. He might as well have been talking another language. Like Gaelic, to borrow from Ali G

Must've been fucking exasperating like. He might as well have been talking another language. Like Gaelic, to borrow from Ali G

I don't doubt it like, but if you're taking TVs ££££s you've got to have bit more guile and backbone than Jones displayed if you're there for "balance"...To me he should've just hardballed them with a few questions of his own when the host started putting word into hi mouth...

His emotions were clearly running high after what happened and he was incensed by what they were saying. I agree with his argument but he could have handled it better.

I don't doubt it like, but if you're taking TVs ££££s you've got to have bit more guile and backbone than Jones displayed if you're there for "balance"...To me he should've just hardballed them with a few questions of his own when the host started putting word into hi mouth...

He probably regrets not doing that in fairness.

Tragedy could have been averted if he wasn't:-

Muslim

Terrorist

ISIS Sympathising

Mentally Ill

Homophobic

Repressed Gay

Loaded to the teeth with semi automatic weaponry

Strange how long it's taking the US coverage I've seen to get to that conclusion. They're much faster when it's a straight teenage white male.

Jim Jefferies' bit on the gun lobby's argument that they need assault rifles for protection has never been more salient. never heard of these fucking protection rifles you speak of.

The Florida Governor Rick Scott, who's spent most of his time in power relaxing Florida gun laws, when asked what could be done to stop this happening again, responded:

"I think the number one thing we can all do is pray."

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Aye, he had a good point but he just came across like a petulant child at the end, huffing and puffing away. I think he had a bet to see how many times he could say LGBT too

Aye, he had a good point but he just came across like a petulant child at the end, huffing and puffing away. I think he had a bet to see how many times he could say LGBT too

I thought LGBT must be a London radio station at first?

Aye, I think I read that he had to wait three days for the hand gun but was able to walk out with the assault rifle the same day.

One website (Huffington Post I believe) had posted a video where they had a reporter walk into a gunshop in Orlando (after the shooting and in a state of emergency) and purchase an AR-15. They had timed the process and it was all done and dusted within 38 minutes. The clerk had stated that it took longer than it normally does due to the increase in people buying the weapon after the shooting.

My Facebook is swamped with people arguing over "gun control", the difference between "automatic" and "semi-automatic" weapons, and the role of the 2nd Amendment. I am seriously considering deleting my account...

I've never understood how you Americans do it. Pretty much all of my American friends are liberals, but have lunatic Republicans in their immediate family.

How do you not mow them down at family gatherings? How do you not block them on Facebook?

It's bad enough over here in a relatively secular part of the world that Facebook is filled with girl power platitudes and magic crystals. At least it's benign though.

I've never understood how you Americans do it. Pretty much all of my American friends are liberals, but have lunatic Republicans in their immediate family.

How do you not mow them down at family gatherings? How do you not block them on Facebook?

It's bad enough over here in a relatively secular part of the world that Facebook is filled with girl power platitudes and magic crystals. At least it's benign though.

Is the Brexit brigade that far off the American right wing...? Pro death penalty, 2/3s don't believe in man made climate change, and they all generally believe immigrants are the root of all social ills.

I haven't lived in England for a couple of years, but I found it to be one of the most accepting and liberal places I've lived (granted it was London).

I was there when they tried to set the place on fire, though, so maybe it's rose-coloured glasses. :lol: