Newcastle United vs Sunderland Match Thread

Kid Dynamite

I remember suggesting (seriously) that Kinnear should have been sacked for being the first manager to lose at their place in 28 years. There's no way on earth I would have imagined losing three in a row so badly to them.

I take on board a lot of the stuff HF says when defending Pardew and maybe this takes me down to their "obsessed" level but I think being the first manager to achieve this feat ever (since in the 1920s they didn't have managers) should be enough for the cunt to be sacked.

Of course there are bigger problems at the club but shit like this has to be addressed.

In seen as a Pardew defender?

Shit! That was not my intention.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?  Why is Pardew still here?  Houghton was sacked for much less.  And I'm not suggesting Houghton should be the manager but he made lemonade out of lemons compared to this guy.

And who the fuch am I kidding?!  MA and will probably hire another nitwit.

Hughton wasn't sacked for football reasons.

He wouldn't dedicate wins to Mike, invite bids and defend sales.

I think you admire the stats that suggest he isn't that bad rather than the bloke himself to be fair.

I've only tried to defend him against what I thought was unfair criticism. So if people said we were still playing hoofball when I thought we had changed to trying to pass it about a bit or if his team selection was maligned but I could see nothing better on the bench.

I've had no trouble criticizing his actual failings though. Was saying to Chez the other day when he said we were playing good football, we might not hoof it from back to front but we are still clueless when it comes to breaking into the opponents box and rely almost exclusively on long range efforts or balls lofted in.

We've playing relegation form...

Posted Image

And we had Cabaye for most of those games so his sale is no cause or excuse.

Anyone seen or heard of CT tonight? No? Thought not....

Luckily I chose to work a double shift.

From listening to the radio and fans who were there it appears Pardew chose gutless tactics and most of the team responded with a gutless display.

Dominate Norwich away with good football, surrender to Sunderland hoofing it.

That about right?

Pards no. 1 fan didn't even watch the game. I should say former no. 1 fan though shouldn't I because I sense this could be the start of the rinse/repeat CT special backflip/deny/deny/deny/sulk/flounce we haven't seen for awhile.

I don't see the point in knocking Pardew, if it wasn't him in charge it'd be Kinnear or some other lackey of Ashley and the outcome would have been equally as poor. The blame for everything wrong with the club sits squarely on the fat man's shoulders - you know, the childish, wounded animal that does things out of spite because that's the sort of cretinous turd that he his, he's a failure of a football club owner, I hope that stings him, knowing he's failed so totally at something.

I don't see the point in knocking Pardew, if it wasn't him in charge it'd be Kinnear or some other lackey of Ashley and the outcome would have been equally as poor. The blame for everything wrong with the club sits squarely on the fat man's shoulders - you know, the childish, wounded animal that does things out of spite because that's the sort of cretinous turd that he his, he's a failure of a football club owner, I hope that stings him, knowing he's failed so totally at something.

Pardew decided what team to send out and how to play.

The difference that Poyet and that bloke at Southampton have made to poor/average teams shows me that no matter what the regime is, a decent coach with a few ideas can have a huge effect. Of course I don't trust the present shower to be able to identify/appoint a decent coach but I think we are in danger of being too negative with the "it might as well be Pardew" line. At this point, apart from Kinnear, I don't think we could actually get someone worse.

True Geordie got everything right in that. Made that pint glass look tiny as well. Honestly think 11 of him would have done better today or put half of them in hospital anyway..../Souness

Don't think French/Italian/Dutch players really like getting amongst it tbh...Looked scared and bewildered. :lol:

Well I mean having a local lad like Steven Taylor in the team who understands it all should show them how it's done, yeah?

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Asleep for the second goal. Debuchy had his worst game for us imo

No mention of Steven Taylor who should have just closed Colback down yet showed backing off that Danny Simpson would be proud of?

What happens is that without our standout players, Pards cluelessness and cowardice comes to the foreground.

We nicked a lot of games when Ba was here cause he scored almost any chance and also Cisse had a golden period...Hatem stole a few games single handed and recently Remy and Cabaye have been playing really well. What we saw yesterday was a team that was over anxious, disorganised and with a 19th century game plan.

The very recent phenomena of a passing game has been consigned to history I'm afraid.

Edited by Park Life

We were seriously considering Poyet last year who's quite friendly with Ashley via the imp.

he hasn't, and that would be Dummet who got turned inside out by johnson when he came on and Haidara whose been crippled until recently?

Anyway, watched motd and read through the thread, basically no one was exactly stellar, they played alright took their chances we did fuck all and sold our tempo setter in midfield, no shock really i expected a defeat or a draw tbh which is a damning indictment in itself when i'm thinking a team as shite as sunderland will get something away to us.

Santon has been a liablility for ages. You like him cause he looks sexy and you fancy having cocktails with him in a sun kissed Milanese pouting parlour.

Edited by Park Life

What happens is that without our standout players, Pards cluelessness and cowardice comes to the foreground.

We nicked a lot of games when Ba was here cause he scored almost any chance and also Cisse had a golden period...Hatem stole a few games single handed and recently Remy and Cabaye have been playing really well. What we saw yesterday was a team that was over anxious, disorganised and with a 19th century game plan.

The very recent phenomena of a passing game has been consigned to history I'm afraid.

Why didn't he abandon it for Norwich then?

We got done because Pardew and the players bottled it and we have nothing to play for. They are playing for survival.

If you can't also account for the fact that the 3 best players he had to get us to our comfortable position were missing, you're not seeing the full picture.

Debuchy, Santon, Taylor, Anita, Williamson were all absolutely gash yesterday.

Shola and Tiote didn't exactly have good games.

Sissoko and Ben Arfa were alright. Pardew's fault but such a contrast to the Norwich game suggests that it was a bad day at the office. To be honest if we go on the same sort of run that we did after the last derby defeat, my opinion of Pardew won't be that affected by yesterday. I think we now all know he is shit at local derbies.

We were seriously considering Poyet last year who's quite friendly with Ashley via the imp.

At the time of these rumours I had little idea of how he was as a manager - how he had his team setup, tactics and so on, so I gave no opinion on it. Plus there were stories around about his man management skills and that he was a bit of a cunt. But Sunderland have been very good over the last few weeks and play good football. Fuck me, he has even got that donkey Altidore to play like a beast now. Tactically he shits all over Pardew. In hindsight he would have been a step up.

No mention of Steven Taylor who should have just closed Colback down yet showed backing off that Danny Simpson would be proud of?

We were talking about Santon. Taylor was also at fault, although he got a block on the shot tbf