Scots Money

Rob W

On the contrary I think he was fairly clear that it will be agreed by the end of November and passed into law by January.

did he? What are the various new powers being transferred to holyrood then?

If Salmon wasn't to be trusted the same applies to Cameron, both telling people what they want to hear.

It won't be law by January but I think Cameron has been fairly upfront this morning about the plans for a transfer of powers to Scotland. I don't get where the negativity has come from over his comments.

It won't be law by January but I think Cameron has been fairly upfront this morning about the plans for a transfer of powers to Scotland. I don't get where the negativity has come from over his comments.

He said "legislated" by the end of January. I and most people on the news are taking that to mean into law.

Its negative because its all intent and no content. What powers?

Well no one should be expecting him to list any specifics at this point but he has said that there'll be changes in taxation, spending and welfare. I'm no fan of Cameron but anyone expecting him to have legislation ready to be passed today is asking for a bit much.

Well no one should be expecting him to list any specifics at this point but he has said that there'll be changes in taxation, spending and welfare. I'm no fan of Cameron but anyone expecting him to have legislation ready to be passed today is asking for a bit much.

That's the thing, the nats are now holding Cameron to the same standards the mo camp held Salmon: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!!"

I thought that, on the whole and given what a momentous decision it was, the debate on both sides was conducted in a pretty civilised and respectful way. Which is good. I also think it's good that it was a decent margin of victory in the end too, which makes it slightly less divisive, I think.

I think it's pretty fair to ask for specifics considering they essentially broke purdah to change their stance on the Barnett Formula and make all these promises that back benchers are cobbling together with glee to vote against. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the mystery box holds.

I truly hope it's worth it. I'll get really tired of saying "I told you so" about this issue.

There was a lot of talk of a Federal UK in the TV coverage. Would be very interesting to see if that gains any momentum.

Anyway, I've been awake for over a day and I'm too gutted to really carry this on any longer.

That's the thing, the nats are now holding Cameron to the same standards the mo camp held Salmon: "ANSWER THE QUESTION!!"

I think Salmond spent most of the debate avoiding the question about Sterling which was probably his downfall in the end. He just claimed that Westminster were bluffing and gave no answers about 'what if?'

It seems pretty obvious to me that you can't have true independence and still have the financial / fiscal compliance that would've needed to share a currency. Yet Salmond never properly addressed this once.

I think it's pretty fair to ask for specifics considering they essentially broke purdah to change their stance on the Barnett Formula and make all these promises that back benchers are cobbling together with glee to vote against. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the mystery box holds.

I truly hope it's worth it. I'll get really tired of saying "I told you so" about this issue.

There was a lot of talk of a Federal UK in the TV coverage. Would be very interesting to see if that gains any momentum.

Anyway, I've been awake for over a day and I'm too gutted to really carry this on any longer.

A Tory back bench rebellion would have to be massive to wreck it with the other parties all on board though.

I thought that, on the whole and given what a momentous decision it was, the debate on both sides was conducted in a pretty civilised and respectful way. Which is good. I also think it's good that it was a decent margin of victory in the end too, which makes it slightly less divisive, I think.

Apart from the daily Telegraph who claimed Scotland would become europes Afghanistan if Yes won.

1. New powers for Job creation

Full devolution of Work Programme to Scottish local authorities to meet the needs of jobs market

2. New powers in areas of transport

Devolution of railway powers to facilitate a “not for profit” option for ScotRail franchise.

3. New borrowing powers for economic and social investment

Scottish Government to issue its own bonds to finance investment in infrastructure and borrow £22 billion for capital investment

4 New powers over land use

Full devolution to local councils of the Crown Estate’s responsibility for the seabed and foreshore to local authorities.

5. New powers over social care

Attendance Allowance for severely disabled people or those aged 65 or over who need help to be devolved.

Over 140,000 people receive Attendance Allowance in Scotland worth £0.48 billion

6. New powers over housing benefits

Housing benefit to be devolved Over 400,000 households in Scotland get Housing Benefit, with expenditure amounting to £1.7 billion, representing 12.3 per cent of DWP benefits expenditure in Scotland.

7. New Employment rights

Bolster workers’ rights responsibility for administration of employment tribunals, including charging arrangements.

8. New Health and safety powers

Establish a Scottish Health & Safety Executive to set enforcement priorities, goals and objectives.

9. New equality powers

Enforcement of equalities legislation devolved to ensuring women are fairly represented on Scotland’s public boards and in other public appointments.

10. New Constitional powers

Confirming the Scottish Parliament as a permanent, irreversible part of our constitution

11. New powers for elections

Administration of elections and related order-making powers.

UK Parliament will remain responsible for UK General Elections and European Elections.

12. New powers in relation to income tax,

Further devolution of tax powers, particularly in the sphere of income tax. The biggest transfer of fiscal power in the history of the UK