Scots Money

Rob W

So. Patronised by English people. Milliband is backing out of the mystery box devolution. And Salmond resigns.

When I'm most surprised at Salmond resigning, then it says it all. :lol:

So. Patronised by English people. Milliband is backing out of the mystery box devolution. And Salmond resigns.

When I'm most surprised at Salmond resigning, then it says it all. :lol:

Your best hope now is that we vote out of the EU, Scotland has another referendum and becomes independent to rejoin. In which case, I look forward to living in Scotland!

Aye the EU will be a particular sore point, especially if Scotland votes In and the rest of the UK votes out.

These horrible arseholes in George Square can't be classed as No voters. They are the horrible face of Loyalists. They're not out to celebrate. They're out to provoke.

:D

He's got a point though. I know people who'll place similar sums on Ukraine and Russia qualifying for the Eurovision final every year. On the surface it's an obscene amount of money they're putting on the line, and yet every reasonable indicator leads them to the obvious conclusion (and one that pays off several years of their mortgage) time and time again. You just have to have the balls to do it, I suppose.

Mind, the Swedish far-right got 13% in the latest elections, so they're hardly perfect.

And they've just chosen a racist homophobic former neo-Nazi skinhead from said party as one of the deputy speakers in their parliament. That's liberal democracy for you. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

never know whatt you'll get - remember the Speaker in Gordo's time - a Glaswegian nonentity, time serving union man with the intelligence of a whelk.................

i've found CT....who knew?? :lol:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/alan/scottish-independence-is-coming_b_5970516.html

Good article actually, think its general point is good but theres large swathes of Scotland that would never vote SNP in any election. Spot on abour Labour though.

The Snp are the only party to win an outright majority in an election specifically designed to avoid them.

In 2011 the SNP profited big time from the collapse of the Lib Dems and the complacency of Labour. The Lib Dem collapse left literally hundreds of thousands of votes to be won. The SNP campaigned hard to give those old Liberal Democrat voters a home, whereas Labour just assumed they would naturally gravitate to them. Even after the election Labour spent the whole time blaming the Lib Dems instead of actually figuring out why they didn't capitalise on a large chunk of the electorate just sitting there waiting to be won over.

Holyrood could be controlled by the SNP for a long long time. They really need to figure out their direction though. They are a real broad church when it comes to views and policy. But with the continued collapse of the Lib Dems and the erosion of support for Scottish Labour, it's theirs to control for as long as they don't screw it up.

Ironically, the only unionist party who won't take a hit from the independence referendum will be the Tories. All indication is that there were a higher percentage of SNP supporters who voted No than Tories who voted Yes. I don't see them ever coming to prominence any time soon in Scotland, but there's an opportunity for them to do a little better in the future.

• 2 months later...

SNP plans for an independent Scotland were based around an oil price of $113 a barrel while the actual price of oil has just dipped under $50 a barrel.

Would any of the Yes voters on here have changed their mind had they known this?

SNP plans for an independent Scotland were based around an oil price of $113 a barrel while the actual price of oil has just dipped under $50 a barrel.

Would any of the Yes voters on here have changed their mind had they known this?

No for me it wasn't about money it was about self determination.

However I think I am a minority in that.