Scots Money

Rob W

And then Milliband speaks..... What a pathetic fella he is. The thought of him as Prime Minister makes my skin crawl. And this is not being all Tory boy. In 1997 Tony Blair and new labour were a breath of fresh air. The thought of Milliband and that grinning clown whose name I forget. :(

And then Milliband speaks..... What a pathetic fella he is. The thought of him as Prime Minister makes my skin crawl. And this is not being all Tory boy. In 1997 Tony Blair and new labour were a breath of fresh air. The thought of Milliband and that grinning clown whose name I forget. :(

sad_ronald_mcdonald.jpg

"I thought you and me had something special..."

I'd have gone 40-45% as well but I don't think 7/4 is particularly great value.

It was clear that the No vote had it and Yougov's exit poll had the Yes vote on 46% so it was well within the margin of error and 7/4 in that situation is a generous offer. It certainly looked that way this morning when my winnings were in my account ;)

1. New powers for Job creation

Full devolution of Work Programme to Scottish local authorities to meet the needs of jobs market

2. New powers in areas of transport

Devolution of railway powers to facilitate a not for profit option for ScotRail franchise.

3. New borrowing powers for economic and social investment

Scottish Government to issue its own bonds to finance investment in infrastructure and borrow £22 billion for capital investment

4 New powers over land use

Full devolution to local councils of the Crown Estates responsibility for the seabed and foreshore to local authorities.

5. New powers over social care

Attendance Allowance for severely disabled people or those aged 65 or over who need help to be devolved.

Over 140,000 people receive Attendance Allowance in Scotland worth £0.48 billion

6. New powers over housing benefits

Housing benefit to be devolved Over 400,000 households in Scotland get Housing Benefit, with expenditure amounting to £1.7 billion, representing 12.3 per cent of DWP benefits expenditure in Scotland.

7. New Employment rights

Bolster workers rights responsibility for administration of employment tribunals, including charging arrangements.

8. New Health and safety powers

Establish a Scottish Health & Safety Executive to set enforcement priorities, goals and objectives.

9. New equality powers

Enforcement of equalities legislation devolved to ensuring women are fairly represented on Scotlands public boards and in other public appointments.

10. New Constitional powers

Confirming the Scottish Parliament as a permanent, irreversible part of our constitution

11. New powers for elections

Administration of elections and related order-making powers.

UK Parliament will remain responsible for UK General Elections and European Elections.

12. New powers in relation to income tax,

Further devolution of tax powers, particularly in the sphere of income tax. The biggest transfer of fiscal power in the history of the UK

Still can't sleep so let's go through this shit.

1. The Work programme is the biggest colossal waste of money going. A truly wretched programme.

2. All for it if we can renationalise the rail service. Best thing on this whole list.

3. Part of the 2012 Scotland Act, so hardly new.

4. Useful, and we asked for this 3 years ago and it was rejected. Nice to see they've changed their minds.

5. All for this.

6. A barefaced lie that is nigh on impossible to implement as it won't be removed from Universal Credit.

7. Makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. Same programme is used in the UK, and thus in Scotland already.

8. Strangely, the devolution document that specifies this says itself that it's pretty much useless.

9. I like this, but I don't see why it necessarily has to be devolved. Holyrood could (and should have already in fairness) created this themselves.

10. Amazed it's taken 15 years to do this. The fact that the parliament could have been abolished in a moments notice by the House of Lords is shocking.

11. We have this already. We used it yesterday and we've used it since 2003 in Scottish elections.

12. The big one that really depends on the Barnett Formula actually being kept in place. If it's kept on, then this can be a good thing. If it's scrapped, then this would end up costing Scotland billions and be robbery disguised as a gift. Even a good few Labour MPs (who's party proposed this policy) have come out and said this is a disastrous policy.

If this is the best they can do, then I'm even more miserable than I was a few hours ago.

Edited by JJ