Scots Money

Rob W

perhaps you should read the Monbiot article posted above - then ask who is the 'fuckwit' - perhaps indeed it is yourself as you still clearly don't get it

as for the Americans being better informed it's perhaps more to do with the UK's bumchum being dissolved and USA not having a 'special friend' to do their bidding

I did read the article.

Topcat, you've done your research and clearly you feel strongly about the issues and I respect you for that. I disagree but it's your choice to make and you know more than enough to cast your vote. The fuckwits comment is directed towards many of those who aren't as informed as you and are nowhere near as qualified to make a decision. Unfortunately this is a democracy and everyone has a say. I hope your country says no.

Come again? You aren't seriously trying to draw a comparison between the two political situations. Think about it.

You're right they're completely different situations. The point is your "fuckwits" over the water are a bit more extreme than anyone thinking of voting yes in Scotland on Thursday and it's a bit rich for someone from Ulster to describe them as such.

If it's yes the sky probably won't fall in, and if it does they're willing to take the chance. Stop showing off because you couldn't find anything more interesting to do with your life than fuckin accountancy :razz:

Aye fair play - but you did come across as a right condescending khunt!

Put the boot on the other foot - say, for example, England was ruled from Edinburgh ... the question is as follows:

Do you agree that England should be an independent country

Yes

No

ehhh even at the height of the troubles we've had the lowest crime rate in the uk.

anyway mr england who asked you, we're all agreed on that at least, no one likes you everybody hates..etc :razz:

You'd be hard pressed to tell I was English by talking to me ;)

Never heard that stat either. Wonder why? :lol:

You're right they're completely different situations. The point is your "fuckwits" over the water are a bit more extreme than anyone thinking of voting yes in Scotland on Thursday and it's a bit rich for someone from Ulster to describe them as such.

If it's yes the sky probably won't fall in, and if it does they're willing to take the chance. Stop showing off because you couldn't find anything more interesting to do with your life than fuckin accountancy :razz:

I perhaps should have been clearer in my definition of fuckwits.

And FTR I have never and will never be an accountant. Call me a fuckwit all you want but never that.

Oh and the crime rate thing may be because a large section of the community refused to speak to police to even report a crime. Nowadays though certain areas are still self-regulated and shooting by appointment isn't an uncommon occurrence. Who the fuck agrees to arrange a time and place to be shot?

Aye fair play - but you did come across as a right condescending khunt!

Put the boot on the other foot - say, for example, England was ruled from Edinburgh ... the question is as follows:

Do you agree that England should be an independent country

Yes

No

That's the problem though, isn't it. It's not as simple an issue as that question suggests and makes me think a lot of those voting for independence are voting because they "don't want them fannies", rather than voting for what is financially* best for the country. If corporations are stating quite clearly that they'll abandon an independent Scotland, surely it rings alarm bells?

*because, frankly, what else matters?

At the level of pure principle, if I believed it'd result in a considerably more just society (big "if", I realise), I'd be happy to live somewhere with less financial clout and fewer opportunities for the real big bucks. But you can't really phrase the debate along the lines of "being a second-class country like Slovenia would be fine, don't worry". Also I imagine I'd be rather less willing to play dice with the future if I had or was going to have kids or was otherwise less mobile and able to up sticks and head somewhere else if the shit really did hit the fan.

I had a Scottish business woman in the taxi yesterday who basically said it's the thickos who are voting yes, the council dwelling lot, the labourite benefit class. (Her words not mine).

Said she had two sisters up there on benefits who are convinced they are going to have even better benefits due to the English not getting the oil money and also had no interest in the bigger economic picture.

At the level of pure principle, if I believed it'd result in a considerably more just society (big "if", I realise), I'd be happy to live somewhere with less financial clout and fewer opportunities for the real big bucks. But you can't really phrase the debate along the lines of "being a second-class country like Slovenia would be fine, don't worry". Also I imagine I'd be rather less willing to play dice with the future if I had or was going to have kids or was otherwise less mobile and able to up sticks and head somewhere else if the shit really did hit the fan.

agree with a lot of this, especially about those with a young family like my 40something brother and sister and cousins, all of whom have school aged children and all of whom work (some with two jobs) and most of whom are voting yes. My sisters still undecided this morning, but will vote no I reckon.

Edited by PaddockLad

What a coincidence though, someone who shares your bitter prejudices, from Scotland, in your cab the week of the referendum :lol:

Huge isn't it :lol:

A Scottish business person in a taxi in the North East who also happens to think Salmond is pandering to certain sectors of the community.

Must just me and her and fancy us meeting up.

Tit :lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

I had a Scottish business woman in the taxi yesterday who basically said it's the thickos who are voting yes, the council dwelling lot, the labourite benefit class. (Her words not mine).

Said she had two sisters up there on benefits who are convinced they are going to have even better benefits due to the English not getting the oil money and also had no interest in the bigger economic picture.

She sounds delightful.

She sounds delightful.

Tbh, I was just making taxi talk because she had the accent. I said I bet everyone's asking you your opinion to which she replied I was the first one and unleashed both barrels.

Worst still she committed the cardinal sin of continuing a conversation once the meter had stopped! :lol:

Tbh, I was just making taxi talk because she had the accent. I said I bet everyone's asking you your opinion to which she replied I was the first one and unleashed both barrels.

Worst still she committed the cardinal sin of continuing a conversation once the meter had stopped! :lol:

Nice to reverse the roles for a change though, no?

I don't beleive you CT, I think you're lying.

.......And here she is.........

A9hOPhZS.jpg

"CU CT, U an me, boyey, we're awrite, dinnae be changing ya glaikit bastart, ya."

A successful business woman has TWO thick as pig shit sisters who are on benefits and whose only aspirations are to get more benefits?

Aye, seems likely. Mind, it's completely unlike CT to exaggerate or, erm, lie..... :whistle:

"I had a health professional in the taxi yesterday who basically said it's fine to have a double chin so flappy you can pull it over your face and use it as a Jonas Spiderman mask. (Her words not mine)."