NUFC Accounts 12/13

Tooj

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think HF is spot on with his prediction. There will be no massive net spend in the summer.

The only players that are (imo) guaranteed to be at the club next season are;

Darlow

Janmaat

Taylor

Lascelle

Haidara

Colback

Cabella

de Jong

Perez

Riviere

Add to that some of the kids like Armstrong & Aarons who're on the fringe of the squad now... That isn't a deep enough squad to stay up which even Ashley sees, surely?

That said, the amount spent may be moderate, but I think we will see a raft of new players joining Newcastle United. Simply because there isn't the squad here to survive another season like this one. Basically, that squad couldn't accrue 27pts by January.

I think you're being pessimistic and also haven't you already said there isn't a separate pot for transfers?

Mind you, we didn't have these kinds of figures last year and we spent £27m in the summer, didn't we?

I believe we'll spend more than £20m, because we have to do that to achieve Ashley's only target; Premier League survival.

NET spend this year was £18m.

We could spend £30 - £40m in total, but players will need sold to fund that.

NET spend this year was £18m.

We could spend £30 - £40m in total, but players will need sold to fund that.

Perhaps, but there's plenty to be made in the sale of players.

£5-9m Sissoko and for Krul

£15-20m total for Williamson, Gouffran, Obertan, Anita, Marveaux, Tiote,

We could get a decent amount in, buoyed by the funds awe already have, I think the gross spend will be an increase on last year's £27m

I don't think they give a toss how it looks to anyone but the Tax Man to be honest.

So why do it then? Tax isn't the reason....you can't avoid tax by inventing expenditure. In any event there might be tax losses to cover any profits anyway.

The only players that are (imo) guaranteed to be at the club next season are;

Darlow

Janmaat

Taylor

Lascelle

Haidara

Colback

Cabella

de Jong

Perez

Riviere

Add to that some of the kids like Armstrong & Aarons who're on the fringe of the squad now... That isn't a deep enough squad to stay up which even Ashley sees, surely?

That said, the amount spent may be moderate, but I think we will see a raft of new players joining Newcastle United. Simply because there isn't the squad here to survive another season like this one. Basically, that squad couldn't accrue 27pts by January.

I think you're massively optimistic to think Janmaat will still be here next season. If he's got any sense at all he'll be desperate to get away and I would think he wouldn't be short of options. His former international boss isn't fantastically stocked in his position for a start.

Perhaps, but there's plenty to be made in the sale of players.

£5-9m Sissoko and for Krul

That seems light to me. Sissoko has a good (if undeserved) reputation. If he goes it will be for more than £10m. I would guess £7m-£8m for Krul.

CCox_4xUIAAX9oa.png

Luke Edwards is going on about NUFC hiding profits in separate bank accounts. It's not the case. Above is how I see the club sitting with £34m in the bank after a starting balance of -£4m and an £18m profit.

While he's certainly no accountant, at least Edwards is taking an interest, unlike Trinity Mirror Regional Sports Writer of the Year, Lee Ryder, who hasn't uttered a single word about it.

While he's certainly no accountant, at least Edwards is taking an interest, unlike Trinity Mirror Regional Sports Writer of the Year, Lee Ryder, who hasn't uttered a single word about it.

NUMBAZZZZZ.

£20m net spend is about what we will spend. i fully expect the squad depth to remain weak and another season along these lines next time around.

Edited by Dr Gloom

:D

His is a brilliant write up. Nowt I could possibly add.

Is the massive amount of cash we now have also a concern?

I've not followed the details this time but it seems like profits were expected to be higher but came in lower due to unexpectedly high operating costs. Are the unexepectedly high cash balances relevant to that?

Is the massive amount of cash we now have also a concern?

I've not followed the details this time but it seems like profits were expected to be higher but came in lower due to unexpectedly high operating costs. Are the unexepectedly high cash balances relevant to that?

CCox_4xUIAAX9oa.png

The concern in relation to cash balance is that we have almost certainly the lowest paid chief exec, the lowest paid manager and the lowest paid coaching staff in control of the 7th highest paid group of players while sitting on the 4th highest cash balance and 5th highest profit in the league.

• 11 months later...