The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Didn't we have £34 million in the bank last season. Then i've seen a figure of £25 million mentioned for this window that should total just under £60 million that's a canny "war chest" anyway you look at it. So the money's there all you can think is Charnley's negotiating skills are fucking usesless. From filling in the reserve team sheets to making or not making multi million pound deals for players it's a joke.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how this thread has remained so active given the complete absence of transfer activity.

Good thing too. Matter of time before the club decides to blame the fans' lack of support for transfer activity for not getting anyone 'over the line'.

You can hear them now "unfortunately the fans didn't buy enough season tickets so we had to go down the cheap route" as they unveil a couple of players from Kettering Town.

What's holding us back is Charnley, imo. He's fumbled every decision thus far.

I agree with everything you said about what we need to do regarding squad building and what it would cost. But don't blame Charnley man. This is Ashley's fault.

It could be that Charnley is so heavily hamstrung by the limitations placed upon him by Ashley's method of operating a football club that he can't accomplish anything. Or Charnley is incompetent and should never have been given the job in the first instance. Either way, or whatever combination of the two, it's Ashley's fault. Charnley is next season's Carver/Stone.

Ashley has and continues to damage the club every season he's here. I'm choosing to hold him responsible rather than blame this half-year's fall guy.

Ashley's tried to be clever by coming off the board and leaving the secretary (Charnley) lets face it thats all he is, running the club. So when it goes tits up Ashley can hold his hands up & say "dont blame me" Of course we will because he's a penny pinching lying toad. Training starts tomorrow with not a new player in sight.

July 1st transfer windows open still not a sausage.

:lol:

You weren't honestly expecting there to be a morning headline of "6 Signings across the line!", were you?

Don't worry lads, they're having a Board Meeting to discuss transfers today.

giphy.gif

Edited by The Fish

Hey the smart ones said "nothing would happen until July 1st"

There will be signings.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

:lol: Honestly, how can people be arsed going back and forward with absolutely nothing of note happening?

You say that nothing of note is happening, but it will, by the end of the week.

You say that nothing of note is happening, but it will, by the end of the week.

Do you fancy discussing that possibility over the next 5 pages?

BTW, I'd have probably dropped Williamson down a mineshaft and replaced him with Distin. 74 years old or not, he's better than him.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic