The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we need more fringe players, squad is massive

Seems expected that Sissoko, Saivet & Thauvin will go before the window closes. And, we'll need a big squad in the Championship.

Even then we'll have Shelvey, Colback, Hayden, Anita, Aarons, De Jong, Gouffran, Tiote (?), Clark, Ritchie and Diame as midfield options. Perez I guess too

Co7cvV-WEAAjU0t.jpg

I don't think we truly value Sissoko at £35m though, we'd have accepted bids around £25m if he'd not had a good Euros and 6 good games at the Euros doesn't mean you're a great player.

Rafa's spent millions to bring Isaac Hayden into a role that will bring him under more pressure than AM and he's only 21. If you're good enough you're old enough, even in the Championship.

I'd much prefer a permanent deal for players, but selling MS for c£30m, getting 2 promising players in on loan and still having £30m to spend on Left Backs, experienced pros and what not seems like good business to me.

If we still get £30m then fine, but people seemed to be talking £20m - £25m which I don't think is enough (in the current market).

And I agree with the old enough good enough comment. But we're talking about a kid from a foreign country, in a position that we struggle to get anyone (let alone young players) to make their mark in, who's only played 2 sub games for Madrid's first team. I know their B team plays proper competitive games but it's still a move that I think would do nothing to help us this season.

If we still get £30m then fine, but people seemed to be talking £20m - £25m which I don't think is enough (in the current market).

And I agree with the old enough good enough comment. But we're talking about a kid from a foreign country, in a position that we struggle to get anyone (let alone young players) to make their mark in, who's only played 2 sub games for Madrid's first team. I know their B team plays proper competitive games but it's still a move that I think would do nothing to help us this season.

The forward looks quality, and I'd take the midfielder for a season if he was part of that deal. If I had confidence we're going to spend another £30m on players good enough to not only perform at this level but likely to perform in the Top Flight too, I'd be more worried about the extra £10m. But honestly, I think we'll sign a couple more players after Clark and Diame and their combined fees will total <£20m.

:dunno: Looks like it's a non-starter anyway.

Mo_Diame.png

Transfermarkt says you Lie!

I might be wrong like maybe he will be in a 2. He played as an attacking midfielder for Hull for the majority of all last season though, going from what I've seen/heard from Hull fans

I wonder with us bringing in 2 more CB's that Rafa May lean towards playing 3-5-2 or 3-4-3? We've got a canny few midfielders and he's played Janmaat on the wing a couple games in pre-season.

That's a good point tbf, it's just a shame we didn't really have the chance to try it in pre season

I wonder with us bringing in 2 more CB's that Rafa May lean towards playing 3-5-2 or 3-4-3? We've got a canny few midfielders and he's played Janmaat on the wing a couple games in pre-season.

To be fair, we've got shot of 2 CBs as well.

Providing Clark and Diame complete their moves and Sissoko/Thauvin leave I'd be happy to proceed with what we have. There's at least 2 for every position. Left backs will be fine for this level with Rafa coaching them, and I'd rather wait and sign a class one when we go up. Anything we get for Sissoko can be banked for future windows for me, where we can spend it on better players

Providing Clark and Diame complete their moves and Sissoko/Thauvin leave I'd be happy to proceed with what we have. There's at least 2 for every position. Left backs will be fine for this level with Rafa coaching them, and I'd rather wait and sign a class one when we go up. Anything we get for Sissoko can be banked for future windows for me, where we can spend it on better players

Think we're short on quality on the wings and short on creativity in the centre, but aye it's been a Transfer Window of understated competence.

I think with Shelvey and Diame in the centre we should have enough with attacking ability further forward in Ritchie, Perez, Aarons and possibly SDJ. I would definitely like to see another winger though. I like Aarons but he's not exactly been reliable so far. But we do have Perez, Gayle and even (at a push) Goufrran who can do a job as a wide attacker for us. And apparently we could even make use of Janmaat (if he stays) and Anita in wide positions at a push.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic