The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the mirror our preferred media partner?

That's what I was thinking.....but there's no "buying" club mentioned, just that Rafa wants rid, which is the only part of article that is properly beleiveable for me. Rafa dropped him for last seasons run in, picked him when we were already relegated v Spurs and he still got sent off. Keeping a player that's blatantly untrustworthy regardless of his talent (which he has, but always looks overweight to me) doesn't strike me as the actions of a top class manager. He had Bellamy for a season then told him to find a new club. He's maybe told Mitrovich the same...

I did wonder about Mitrovic as a Benitez player because I remember him talking about how in the English game, defenders are best at heading out from crosses (in the Premiership at least). Which would obviously be Mitrovic's biggest strength.

I did wonder about Mitrovic as a Benitez player because I remember him talking about how in the English game, defenders are best at heading out from crosses (in the Premiership at least). Which would obviously be Mitrovic's biggest strength.

We must've had a continental type of defence for years, then.

The only game plan evident on friday was pumping high balls into two forwards that have the combined height of around 7ft.

If this is going to be the main tactic this season then surely Mitrovic is the man for the job. You need some physicality up front in this league.

Just noticed the 'shock 1-0 loss' to Fulham. :lol: That's setting the bar pretty fucking low.

I wonder if I should contact them about making a shock cup of tea at half time.

Edited by adios

Can't see any benefit to selling him now, it'd be hard to get a replacement of equal or better quality in this league and this late in the window. We've known he has had this ban all summer so why would Benitez suddenly try and sell him now? He's more than talented enough to do well in this division so if anything it would make more sense to utilize him this season and flog him if he's really not Benitez's type of player after a promotion.

Local Journo's have dismissed it. It's worth noting that our media parter said that we'd signed Austin last summer and Berahino would be signing shortly after. Media partner clearly doesn't extend to us giving them any information on potential transfer dealings. What seems stranger is that their reporters don't seem to bother contacting their local counterparts in the same group to try and confirm stories. Or maybe they just like to create stories out of nothing to sell papers.

It was clear how much we needed Mitro on Friday and I'm sure that the new striker we are looking for will be in a similar mould to him. We also need another wide player to give us that balance Rafa has talked about.

It may have been dismissed but I do get the feeling Rafa doesn't trust him. They may have invented the whole thing on that basis but you don't drop your fully fit best striker during a relegation fight without good reason. If anyone wants to suggest another reason am open to anything but it doesn't bode well if Mitrovich feels that he's not trusted. I agree he's a talent and I agree he should find the drop down in quality an easier environment to get goals in but he's got a short fuse and looks a permanently a stone overweight for top division football. Andy Carroll ruled this division in 09/10 so we'll see how Mitrovich goes, we should give him a fair bit of leeway as he's young and foreign but if he doesn't get what's in his head sorted pretty quick he'll never produce what his talent suggests he is capable of.

Aye I think last season there was definitely a bit of a lack of faith. I think this was more down to a worry about his temprement than his ability. I guess Rafa was concerned that a sending off could be critical to our chances of survival at that point.

But we did have a senior striker in Cisse then that we don't have now and I think he'll realise that in this league even more than the premier league, we'll need a presence up top. And Mitro will likely get more chances from the ref's in this division so the risk of him getting sent off isn't so high.

Agree about the trust issue but I also think we'd have won if he'd been playing the other night. I also think we need a back-up target man even if he stays.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic