The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of either of them but ones 23 and only played for their reserves as far as I could see. Don't see how signing either of them on loan benefits us tbh.

@@Christmas Tree will be along presently to explain it in full.

Edited by The Fish

I'm still shocked Real Madrid seem to want Sissoko, he'd not even be 2nd choice in any position for them.

20m + two talented kids on loan for the season would be good tbh, gives us a larger squad and while I'd obviously prefer we got one on a permanent deal I think the two mentioned in that article are pretty promising so probably wouldn't have much interest in anything longer than a loan at the minute.

Given that Rafa was in charge at RM less than a year ago I'd say that there aren't many people better placed to value their worth.

While that is undoubtedly true, can't think of too many "old pals acts" such as this that really work tbh...happy to be proved wrong though...

That is of course true but if we truly value Sissoko at £35m then if people are suggesting accepting something like £25m and these two for a year on loan it sounds like a massive non starter to me. The striker has clearly banged them in for their reserves so might be worth a punt in exchange for £1m or £2m fee but I'd be surprised if Rafa would be willing to bring a 20 year old attacking midfielder to the championship. It would be a big risk to bring in some of that position and age to this division for a year, especially if it's costing us millions to do it.

That is of course true but if we truly value Sissoko at £35m then if people are suggesting accepting something like £25m and these two for a year on loan it sounds like a massive non starter to me. The striker has clearly banged them in for their reserves so might be worth a punt in exchange for £1m or £2m fee but I'd be surprised if Rafa would be willing to bring a 20 year old attacking midfielder to the championship. It would be a big risk to bring in some of that position and age to this division for a year, especially if it's costing us millions to do it.

I don't think we truly value Sissoko at £35m though, we'd have accepted bids around £25m if he'd not had a good Euros and 6 good games at the Euros doesn't mean you're a great player.

Rafa's spent millions to bring Isaac Hayden into a role that will bring him under more pressure than AM and he's only 21. If you're good enough you're old enough, even in the Championship.

I'd much prefer a permanent deal for players, but selling MS for c£30m, getting 2 promising players in on loan and still having £30m to spend on Left Backs, experienced pros and what not seems like good business to me.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic