Shane Ferguson

trooper

The Chronicle understands that Newcastle could be prepared to offload Northern Ireland international Shane Ferguson this summer.

The left-sided player was loaned out to Birmingham City with the brief of returning to United this summer knocking on the door for a first-team place.

However, Toon chiefs have been less than impressed with his performances in the second half of the season and the fact that he slipped down the pecking order at St Andrews under Blues Geordie boss Lee Clark.

Fergusons fitness has been a key concern and he has made just 14 starts, scoring no goals for Birmingham.

United would be prepared to offload the winger for £1million.

His contract has two years left to run and Wolves were interested in the Derry lads services last summer.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Yeah 'wwwwwhiping in the crosses for Ba and Cisse' then going elsewhere and playing like a busted is actually the complete opposition of being dealt a Pardewing.

Not like CT to completely miss the point.

Not at all gentleman. When he fist started getting a few games he would whip balls in, head for the byline, take people on and run in on goal.

The more involved he became, the more you could see he was been told not to get forward and just to hold position etc.

I would say you've also seen the same happen to Santon to some degree. Very rare do you see those forward charges any more.

Its disappointing that he has made more of his chance at Birmingham, however he has had a shit season with injuries on top of trying to fit in to a struggling side.

To do what most of you do with your favourites....... I think KK would have loved to work with him and would have at least tried to bring on his attacking qualities.

Good luck to the lad.

(Hopefully Van Gaal will knock Man u back, come here and SOS).

Not at all gentleman. When he fist started getting a few games he would whip balls in, head for the byline, take people on and run in on goal.

The more involved he became, the more you could see he was been told not to get forward and just to hold position etc.

I would say you've also seen the same happen to Santon to some degree. Very rare do you see those forward charges any more.

Its disappointing that he has made more of his chance at Birmingham, however he has had a shit season with injuries on top of trying to fit in to a struggling side.

To do what most of you do with your favourites....... I think KK would have loved to work with him and would have at least tried to bring on his attacking qualities.

Good luck to the lad.

(Hopefully Van Gaal will knock Man u back, come here and SOS).

So can you remember if you are Pro or Anti Pardew anymore CT?

So can you remember if you are Pro or Anti Pardew anymore CT?

Where does this idea that Im pro Pardew come from? :lol:

I called for him to go a year gone October' ish and havent changed since. I said that if he wast sacked at the end of last season I would wait if he learned from his mistakes. (Most on here were saying it wasnt his fault and that it was down to Europe, down to lack of quality in depth etc etc).

This season after 18 games he had us 6 points off the league leaders, vying for a Champion league spot EVEN though he wasnt backed in the summer, even though we had Kinnear put in charge of him, even with his star player going on strike and even with the dire form of his other star players.

Given all that I think its fair to say that his achievements pre Cabaye going were remarkable.

People who ignore all that are just happy clappy bandwagon pitchfork wielders. (#PatronisingenoughTom)

That said I would still prefer a better manager. (Not an easy thing to guarantee however as we and many clubs know to our cost).

So in conclusion, I think its fair to say that its the majority of the board who have flip flopped to my position rather than the other way around.

Predictable I suppose. His attitude/application must have been appalling if he couldn't get into that Birmingham team like. They were awful this year.

Why can't CT just admit when he's wrong by the way? This basically why everybody thinks he's a prick. :lol:

Predictable I suppose. His attitude/application must have been appalling if he couldn't get into that Birmingham team like. They were awful this year.

Why can't CT just admit when he's wrong by the way? This basically why everybody thinks he's a prick. :lol:

Ferguson always looked like a winger from the 1920's era, tiny, underfed and in oversized clothes. He played like one too, but the problem is most of those 'brilliant' crosses CT always squeals about came when he was playing at full back and the ball came back to him from a forward position giving him time to look up and put a ball in, they weren't from going shoulder to shoulder with his man down the sideline then whipping one in like wingers often have to. Could he deliver a decent ball from time to time? aye he could, but he was never going to be a Premiership footballer which was clear to everyone.

So hes a dickhead as well as not being good enough?

We've got another Ranger on our hands here, you sure can pick 'em CT

Not that long ago you were championing ranger over Carroll.

Not that long ago?

Considering Carroll hasn't played for us for 3 years I reckon you might want to readjust that one to some other absolutely insane point or other

To be fair Carroll was a late bloomer talent wise, he was shite when we loaned him out to Preston at 18. A lad I went to school with used to play alongside Carroll in the reserves from when he was a kid up until 18/19 and he'd always say Lua Lua was the one that was going to make it out the bunch.

To be fair Carroll was a late bloomer talent wise, he was shite when we loaned him out to Preston at 18. A lad I went to school with used to play alongside Carroll in the reserves from when he was a kid up until 18/19 and he'd always say Lua Lua was the one that was going to make it out the bunch.

Reported.

"Pardew is responsible for bringing in my favoritest player ever, but he does not listen to my telepathic messages I have been sending him about the match day squad and tactics, bearing the fact that I am the greatest ever when spotting a purple and how to get the most out of him, my mam and myself want Parddddddddddddeux OUT!"

(now I need to create a diversion to take fellow posters microscopes off of me)

"Oh, I know what I can do. Time to post a photo."

3197565481_6fd659931f_xlarge.jpeg