Other Games 14/15 - Football fans feel the same about stuff, except stuff like Western Sydney Wanderers, because no one gives a shit about them.

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland are starting to look like our best hope.

Calm down dear.

Sunderland have 5 games left and are 5 points behind us. They need 6 points to surpass us* and I can't see them getting 2 wins or a win and 3 draws from their final 5 games. They've only managed to get 5 wins all season and 2 of those were against us.

They face Southampton, Everton then Leicester. Southampton will not concede so the best they can hope for that is a draw there. Their game in hand comes away to Arsenal, so you can write that off as Arsenal will still be gunning for 2nd/Champions League. To be honest I'd be surprised if they get more than a point from these games.

Burnley and QPR are already down imo, So really it's between sunderland, Leicester and maybe Hull? (Villa's run-in is much easier than Hull's).

*That's assuming we lose every game, by the way.

Calm down dear.

Sunderland have 5 games left and are 5 points behind us. They need 6 points to surpass us* and I can't see them getting 2 wins or a win and 3 draws from their final 5 games. They've only managed to get 5 wins all season and 2 of those were against us.

They face Southampton, Everton then Leicester. Southampton will not concede so the best they can hope for that is a draw there. Their game in hand comes away to Arsenal, so you can write that off as Arsenal will still be gunning for 2nd/Champions League. To be honest I'd be surprised if they get more than a point from these games.

Burnley and QPR are already down imo, So really it's between sunderland, Leicester and maybe Hull? (Villa's run-in is much easier than Hull's).

*That's assuming we lose every game, by the way.

I wish I could have your confidence. Before Saturday I really thought we'd pick up points in the run in but now that doesn't look at all likely. And all of the teams below us are picking up some points. Yes it will take quite a bit from a few poor teams for us to go down but one round of bad results and we could be a couple of points outside the bottom three. Its insane not to be concerned now.

I wish I could have your confidence. Before Saturday I really thought we'd pick up points in the run in but now that doesn't look at all likely. And all of the teams below us are picking up some points. Yes it will take quite a bit from a few poor teams for us to go down but one round of bad results and we could be a couple of points outside the bottom three. Its insane not to be concerned now.

Looking at the run in the Unwashed v Leicester could be the game that saves us, no way in hell the club should be relying on others but that's the way of the cunt in charge.

Looking at the run in the Unwashed v Leicester could be the game that saves us, no way in hell the club should be relying on others but that's the way of the cunt in charge.

There's plenty of games left that could save us. Hull have a rotten run in and so do the tramps. But who would have thought Hull would pick up 6 points from 6 away to the mighty Pardew and Palace and at home to the wall pushers? Who would have thought the tramps would have got a draw from Chelski earlier in the season and who would have thought Burnley would take 4 points from Citeh. There's certainly ample history of things more strange happening that what it would take for us to go down now.

There are 5 teams more likely to go down than us, the 5 teams below us in the league.

Put it this way, barring a miracle, Burnley and QPR are down. They're 4 or 5 points adrift of safety. They've picked up less than a point a game.

sunderland do have 5 games, which is good news for them, unfortunately for them they're facing Southampton at home (best defence and 6th best attack) then away to Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea. Where are they going to pick up points there?

Leicester are on an incredible run of form and if they survive it'll be the greatest of great escapes. They face us next game where they'll likely pick up points, but even if they pick up all 3 they'll still be behind us. Then they've got sunderland, maybe another 3 points, but then that takes 3 points away from sunderland and their troubles are more immediate than ours.

Hull have an absolute nightmare of a run; Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd?! Burnley is there best chance of safety, but they're meeting them too early and so it's unlikely Burnley will be out of reach by then.

I get that there's a risk, but the permutation of results required for Newcastle to be relegated is just too unlikely for me to get really concerned about relegation this season.

If we do go down we totally deserve it and I'll happily apologise to each and everyone of you for not expecting it.

Do you lot realise it's just as likely that Villa will be dragged into the mire, or Hull?

No, course not.. It's us that's doomed :lol:

CD19smlWYAACeWN.png

Edited by The Fish

Tadic and Schneiderlin out for this weekend against Sunderland. 4fs!

Tadic has been in and out of the side, so I wouldn't freak out too much.

Christ on a bike it's still Southampton (best defence in the league) v sunderland (joint worst attack in the league)

It's still the team that at the beginning of the season smashed the other one 8-0.

Honestly, people need to calm the fuck down.

Tadic has been in and out of the side, so I wouldn't freak out too much.

Christ on a bike it's still Southampton (best defence in the league) v sunderland (joint worst attack in the league)

It's still the team that at the beginning of the season smashed the other one 8-0.

Honestly, people need to calm the fuck down.

The only thing you're really overlooking is that our form is the worst in the league bar nobody. We actually probably deserve to go down.

Sunderland have done this last minute escape shit before, they have a team that knows how to do it. Not saying they will, but I didn't expect them to get a point against Stoke the other day and it happened anyway.

As for freaking out, I'm not personally. I'm very much of the opinion that until we see some kind of demonstration of actual progress from the club that it's not even really worth worrying if they go down. It's not like it'll thwart next season's push for the Champions League.

I think all some people are saying is that it's looking a lot closer now than it did a few weeks ago. And John Carver may just be hopeless enough to see it done.

Not really, it's not exactly all that different for fans is it? We'd still watch football games most weeks and we've basically got a team of championship/lower prem players anyway so it's not like the playing staff would differ. Ashley doesn't really bother investing the tv money into the team anyway either, so all in all very little changes for us apart from we go from a team trudging to place 12th-16th in the prem to aiming for promotion.

In short nah it's dull anyway.