The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye as soon as the last wicket went down it went off here.

I wanted it off when Robinson was out but the Mrs was NOOO, leave it on 🙄

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was anything said in the presentations post match about the Bairstow wicket?

yeah, Cummins unapologetic, met by boos from the crowd. Stokes with a passive aggressive comment about the spirit of the game, met with cheers 

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was anything said in the presentations post match about the Bairstow wicket?

Cummins defended it and said he didn’t regret it. Although I suspect he does. Stokes said he’d have withdrawn the appeal. McCullum said they wouldn’t be having a beer with the opposition any time soon. 

Andrew Strauss said the atmosphere at Lords degenerated due to the cheaper tickets and the resultant clientele, basically it was the plebs fault, the snobby cunt.

P.S. Who told him Craig was there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, Cummins unapologetic, met by boos from the crowd. Stokes with a passive aggressive comment about the spirit of the game, met with cheers 

predominately Lorraine and me TBF

12 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Andrew Strauss said the atmosphere at Lords degenerated due to the cheaper tickets and the resultant clientele, basically it was the plebs fault, the snobby cunt.

Those plebs in the members stand? I like Strauss but that’s a fucking cheek. And part of the reason the opposition tends to do well there is because the atmosphere is usually shite 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I chucked money in his charity pot as well the red suited wearing cunt :lol:

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Those plebs in the members stand? I like Strauss but that’s a fucking cheek. And part of the reason the opposition tends to do well there is because the atmosphere is usually shite 

Exactly, we should play where we have the best chance of winning and Lords isn't it. Let them have finals but test series matches should be fucked off.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I was told to ‘curb my enthusiasm’ by an MCC tie wearer … fuck that!

P.S. the missus was buying more booze at this point so she’s unaware of this incident 🤫

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

P.S. the missus was buying more booze at this point so she’s unaware of this incident 🤫

There were a few of the freaks in all their gear, including Panama hats that looked like they’d been jumped up and down on, at the Riverside when there was a test v Sri Lanka. At the end of the day they’re mostly old Tory cunts who think they’re better than the common man. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Craig said:

FFEEA12E-788A-4671-8A63-6305C25D0BF2.jpeg

• Haha 5

David Cameron’s a member which will come as no surprise. He’s so into his cricket that when the England team that won the T20 World Cup were invited to Downing Street, he thought the skipper Paul Collingwood was called Colin Wood 

• Haha 3

Never been a cricket fan.  Worked with some lads who love it.  They've tried a few times to teach me about it as I would like to know more.  

Anyway's this morning was doing some work and had the cricket on the radio and really enjoyed listening to it.  Watched some of it a bit later too.  

So expect questions :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Never been a cricket fan.  Worked with some lads who love it.  They've tried a few times to teach me about it as I would like to know more.  

Anyway's this morning was doing some work and had the cricket on the radio and really enjoyed listening to it.  Watched some of it a bit later too.  

So expect questions :lol: 

Cricket explained 

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in the field goes out and when he’s out comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes there are men still in and not out.

There are men called umpires who stay out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out.

Depending on the weather and the light, the umpires can also send everybody in, no matter whether they’re in or out.

When both sides have been in and all the men are out (including those who are not out), then the game is finished.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Cricket explained 

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in the field goes out and when he’s out comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes there are men still in and not out.

There are men called umpires who stay out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out.

Depending on the weather and the light, the umpires can also send everybody in, no matter whether they’re in or out.

When both sides have been in and all the men are out (including those who are not out), then the game is finished.

Danny Devito Animation GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

Now I hate the term POM almost as much as I do English calling us convicts, Usman, Labaschagne and not to mention Andrew Symonds (RIP) obviously really appreciate it too no doubt, but is this story true? And is the outrage justified if indeed it is?

Again I repeat my earlier statement, the media is driven by outrage and controversy these days, so those in it push these feelings and it filters down.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jul/03/poms-great-ashes-hypocrisy-australia-reacts-to-second-test-controversy

Were any of those other dismissals /attempted run outs or stumping at the end of the over after the batsman had gone back into his crease then left it again? 

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Were any of those other dismissals /attempted run outs or stumping at the end of the over after the batsman had gone back into his crease then left it again? 

Nope, I'll repeat I think Bairstow was an idiot but he should have been warned, whole different thing during an over but when the umpire is actually in the process of handing the bowler his cap and there is absolutely no advantage being sought, it just doesn't sit well.

No idea why I'm surprised given they reinstated the convicted Smith and Warner after what they did was outrageous and should have been unforgivable.

If you’re going to mankad a bloke backing up at the non striker’s end, you can swallow it if you warn him first. It’s still a cunt’s move but at least you can say he had it coming.

Bairstow was naive but the Aussies stitched him up. He thought the ball was dead and wasn’t trying to gain an advantage. I’ve never seen a dismissal like it. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If you’re going to mankad a bloke backing up at the non striker’s end, you can swallow it if you warn him first. It’s still a cunt’s move but at least you can say he had it coming.

Bairstow was fucking stupid in the circumstances but the Aussies stitched him up. He thought the ball was dead and wasn’t trying to gain an advantage. I’ve never seen a dismissal like it. 

FYP

As an alleged wicketkeeper you would think he would be even more conscious of the situation.