The Christmas Thread

catmag

Who?

+1

That was fairly predictable. It's reasonable to guess I could have mentioned any one of the majority and people our age wouldn't know them. They're ephemeral pop artists and Youtube stars ffs, not exactly your musical greats. :lol:

fwiw you might recognise Bastille's songs

That was fairly predictable. It's reasonable to guess I could have mentioned any one of the majority and people our age wouldn't know them. They're ephemeral pop artists and Youtube stars ffs, not exactly your musical greats. :lol:

fwiw you might recognise Bastille's songs

What's the difference between a pop artist and an ephemeral pop artist? And when is the cut off point betwixt the two? :)

Never heard the song, like. Wasn't too bad but nowt to write home about either. (If anybody from NME is reading this I'm available for musical reviews if the contract offer can match or better my current salary. :good: )

:lol:

Well, I guess a pop star that survives a decade or so in the spotlight could no longer be called ephemeral, so I'll make the cut off point ten years.

:good:

• 2 weeks later...

For fuck's sake. I'm planning on ONE present-buying trip into town this week as I hate shopping at the best of times but at Christmas find it unbearable. Dad asks me that "as I'm going" could I get some stuff for him (my mam's presents basically which he's given me an idea of but left it up to me) Then my brother comes round tonight with the parting line "Oh, dad said you were going into town. As you're going can you just get a few bits for me to save me going...?" So now I've got 3 lots of stuff to trail round for after originally strategically planning a whizz-round ending with nice stuff, like a gingerbread latte and pretty lights. Welcome to Grinchville :glare:

I just spent £54 for my share of a three course team christmas meal out. Got home and I'm still hank marvin

Very nearly got a kebab on the way back from ours. Mainly because the courses were things like this:

Berlin-Volt-Essen-2.jpg

:dunno:

We're having pizzas delivered to ours paid for by the surgeons, cos us nurses are classy ;)

No dressing up required either - jeans and Christmas jumpers are the order of the day. And cheap beer :D

Our team night out is the 4 of us lasses going for a curry and a few beers. First one I've bothered going to in years since when the team was bigger they always used to book one of those shite party nights at a hotel.