The Christmas Thread

catmag

We've been out. Place we went to sacked the manager a couple of weeks back and it appears he's done a number on them before he went. They brought out 5 goats cheese starters, not a single one of us ordered one, and had 6 of us down for turkey - 2 of our party (great aunt and unc) are veggies (the false type that still eat fish). When we corrected them, they told us there was none of the sea bass that they ordered left and they ended up with what looked like some sort of mushroom risotto. They ate it and didn't complain like but didn't look happy. Mine was canny, though!

Happy Boxing Day, everyone. I'm over the moon that the dinner I put together was well received and had a lovely family day. :D My presents are all decent too, happy days.

Edited by Jill

Trains are pathetic in this country when it comes to snow. As far as possible I avoid travelling over Christmas at all; too often it's ended in tears/delays/replacement bus services/standing in cold stations for two hours.

Yeah, decent number of trains are going to Finsbury Park instead though, makes no odds to me as there's a tube journey awaiting me either way. Brilliant time of year for their engineering work to have overrun though. :unsure:

Since I've worked in the city I've always been in two minds as to whether its worth working over Xmas/NY - if there are no problems it's nice and quiet and almost civilised commuting but if the inevitible engineering works run on its a disaster. 7 or 8 years ago they closed Liverpool St for the entire period for a complete refit so I took the whole lot off only for the works to overrun which meant a week of absolute chaos with everybody back.

After several hours monitoring twitter I've sacked it off today, forced into another night of drinking fatha's beer. They better get their shit in order overnight or I'll set Gemmill onto them.

Edited by trophyshy

We got lucky with connections and made it back, if anything, a bit more quickly than when there isn't disruption. Didn't have to sit in the vestibule or anything. :gettin:

I wouldn't want to have been travelling from any further afield than Lincs though, there were a lot of folks at Peterborough who'd been turfed off trains from Scotland/Newcastle and made to wait for over an hour for an actual train to London to show up. Probably wise to wait overnight.

I thought it was awesome how they told people they could get trains from Finsbury Park and then closed the station there because it got too busy. #planning

:lol: I'd never heard of one until Boxing Day. I wouldn't care but the bloke I know who got one is about my age. Perfect for his 'selfies' for his Facebook page apparently. I was speechless

:lol: I'd never heard of one until Boxing Day. I wouldn't care but the bloke I know who got one is about my age. Perfect for his 'selfies' for his Facebook page apparently. I was speechless

Funny, first I'd seen one was boxing day as well. Had pub meal with the family and saw a lass with one. Wife knew about them but I'd no idea till then. I wonder if Stevie got one? :lol: