The (are we playing today?) match thread. Spurs v 'NUFC' 1.30 KO

trophyshy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a player was shit for us,for whatever reason,it still means he was shit for us.I've read all the excuses why he was shit,but nobody other than me has come out and said it.Janmaat is a shit defender.He may improve.I hope he does.Maybe you have excuses for him.Maybe you disagree with me.Maybe you think a defenders job is to go walkabout when the opposition are attacking down our right hand side.Maybe you think a defenders job is to allow balls to come into the box.Maybe you haven't a clue what a defenders job is.Maybe you are a makem who want's Pardew to keep picking him to weaken our defence.

If a player was shit for us,for whatever reason,it still means he was shit for us.I've read all the excuses why he was shit,but nobody other than me has come out and said it.Janmaat is a shit defender.He may improve.I hope he does.Maybe you have excuses for him.Maybe you disagree with me.Maybe you think a defenders job is to go walkabout when the opposition are attacking down our right hand side.Maybe you think a defenders job is to allow balls to come into the box.Maybe you haven't a clue what a defenders job is.Maybe you are a makem who want's Pardew to keep picking him to weaken our defence. Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you.

HOUSE!

If a player was shit for us,for whatever reason,it still means he was shit for us.I've read all the excuses why he was shit,but nobody other than me has come out and said it.Janmaat is a shit defender.He may improve.I hope he does.Maybe you have excuses for him.Maybe you disagree with me.Maybe you think a defenders job is to go walkabout when the opposition are attacking down our right hand side.Maybe you think a defenders job is to allow balls to come into the box.Maybe you haven't a clue what a defenders job is.Maybe you are a makem who want's Pardew to keep picking him to weaken our defence.

Right, by your own admission you're the only one who still thinks Mbiwa is shit (and don't give me any of that "Shit for us" caveat nonsense), could it not be that you're wrong about Mbiwa and you're wrong about Janmaat?

Debuchy took a while to settle and then it was clear he's a good right back, Enrique took a while to settle and then it was clear he's a good left back, Coloccini took a while to settle and then it was clear he's a good centre back, etc. etc. Given you know more about sunderland than most mackems, I find it interesting that you look to project that on someone else.

HOUSE!

:lol:

I think any defensive position is the hardest to settle into really - particularly in the premier league.

Debuchy got a lot of stick for a long time but it was fairly obvious to see he was a top class player. Regards Janmaat - he's part of a defence that's fairly poor overall so it's probably harder for him.

Dummett annoyed me for their goal - he was caught ball watching, completely unaware Adebayor was behind him and for some reason he didn't even jump for the cross. :lol:

Never mind this, get to the important part. What do those tramps down the A19 think about the result. We're all on tenterhooks here man!

It's quite funny reading back through this thread from complete gloom right until 8 seconds into the second half.

I don't think there's any need to critise Pardew at all about yesterday, it was a great result for us (against an admittedly poor bunch of cockney makems) and he made positive changes that worked pretty much perfectly. No doubt he will quickly go back to the negative shite that he loves and he'll deserve the abuse that he gets then.

I think we started the game as bad as we've ever been under Pardew - we were utterly listless and lacking in anything that would justify the title 'Newcastle United Football Club). Our only blessing is that Tottenham weren't a great deal better. Of course the second half tells it's own story but we really need to learn to attack games from the off - because we certainly have the players to do it.

It seems the more we worry about other teams the more we actually give those worries foundation, Pardew's taught them to be scared of their own shadows. Fair play he rescued us this time with some obvious desperation subs - but he could make things much easier for himself. It's not rocket science - long ball to Cisse doesn't work - never mind Ayoze who is a little shorter.

Amoebi was saying that the plan for the second half was to ''get in behind'' the Spurs players - as if that isn't the plan for every game of football on earth.

In the end we probably could have had 3 or 4 - but the ref was hopeless too. There was a time Cabella was going to be in on goal from the right but he was wiped clean out - nothing given but it could have been a red.

I said after the Palace game that it looked like Pardew had drilled it into them to be terrified of Zaha and I think in general this is one of his tactical plans. He focuses so much on what the opponents can do and how to stop them that he forgets that the best way is to keep the ball away from them by enforcing our game onto them. It's like he's trying to be some sort of tactical genius in finding ways to nulify the oppostion but all that ends up doing is inviting teams onto us.

I think Carver said that Pardew spends 4 days of the week working on defense & ''shape'' & on the 5th day Carver/Stone devise a plan to beat a team - or something to that effect.

Good, bad or indifferent, Janmaat regularly forgets there's a left winger he's supposed to be defending against

Seems to be a problem all of our right backs have struggled with.