West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United

Howmanheyman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that, but West Brom were set up to hit us on the counter. I think we need to improve our use of the ball in the final 3rd, but I think this set up gets the best out of the players we currently have available.

were they? it didn't look to me like they were sitting back. they had a lot more possession than us while we defended quite deeply, particularly in the fist half. i just thought they were a bit shit, and that we did a good job of closing them down when they did have the ball.

Something like Williamson Tiote and Gouffran Cisse in, Abeid Dummet Ameobi and Perez out. 4-4-2 with Sissoko pushed out to the right.

i can see that happening around the time we're close to the 40 point mark

MOTD2/Collymore Logic:

NUFC win five games in a row = fickle fans

I could understand that if the fans were suddenly chanting his name and hailing him as the second coming but they're not. He was a cunt when we were shite and he's still a cunt now.

Hoping that Pardew has Dummett play CB more than LB from now on. CB restricts him for the better as he's not the quickest or most technical player and that's what you need to be, to prosper at full back in the Prem. He can just keep it simple, get his head on the ball and throw himself about whereas at LB I think he'd be more exploitable.

I could understand that if the fans were suddenly chanting his name and hailing him as the second coming but they're not. He was a cunt when we were shite and he's still a cunt now.

Aye there's been no fickleness (that can't be a word can it?) from us at all. Obviously we're happy we're winning and there's been some small praise of him for what he's done during this run but that's it. People just seem to like having a go at us. Fuck them!

With regards to the match, it was a pretty poor game for the neutral but a great away performance for us. Dummett continues to be extremely surprising. I've thought he was shit from day one but all of a sudden he looks like a useful player. Colo has also suddenly returned to something like the form we saw a couple of years ago (although I'm not surprised this is happening with Williamson out of the team). And Janmatt is getting better with ever match. What's the makems opinion of him now?

I actually thought Cabella was ok and looks to be coming more and more to terms with the league. He's not yet proving to be the player he apparently was in ligue 1, that we were (perhaps unfairly) expecting but I'm happy he seems to be progressing and from the noises he's making it appears he actually wants to knuckle down and improve rather than just complain.

Edited by David Kelly

Fantastic result, in a game where I'd feared this run was coming to an end. I'm really enjoying seeing the grit, commitment and passion that has typified our recent displays. We look a solid, organised unit, with more than enough pace and threat on the break. That this mentality has emerged whilst he's forced to use some of our supposed lesser players, has to see Pardew given credit.

Bit of oxymoron that isn't it?

We're supposed to give him credit for player's performing well who he wouldn't have picked because he doesn't rate them.

Bit of oxymoron that isn't it?

We're supposed to give him credit for player's performing well who he wouldn't have picked because he doesn't rate them.

No, not really. I believe that he's deserving of credit to have those players playing well and winning games, regardless of the circumstances. I'd be saying if the team in these games consisted of our more senior, or his 'favourite', players. To arrest the spiralling form that preceeded these wins, and in doing so instill visible fight into the team, for me, deserves a bit of credit.

Also, in fairness, yesterday he had the opportunity to drop Ameobi (or not recall Cabella) and play Gouffran, drop Mehdi and play Anita, and opt for Williamson in place of Haidara.

Aye the blokes a fucking winnet implying our lot are fickle. They're acting like the stick Pardew was getting was completely out of order, Moyes didn't manage to go through a spell of form anywhere near as bad as Pardew and you'd think he was the worst manager to have ever lived according to the media and Man Utd 'fans', Liverpool fans are turning on the bloke who took them to fucking 2nd in the league after an inconsistent spell while missing his 2 top goalscorers from last year, yet we're the fickle ones.

Hasn't he got to go do some dogging the weird cunt.