NUFC v West Ham

PaddockLad

Didn't watch the game (thankfully) - where did Sissoko play, position-wise? Please tell me he wasn't moved around to accommodate Gouffran?

According to whoscored he spent most of his time in the attacking midfield position.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Pardew did a really poor job setting us up today, set us up for a draw and whenever he does that we lose. Fuck hope he's not thinking it's good to go back old his old style now, if he do sackpardew signs should be up again immediently.

Totally agree, playing Tiote and Colback and Gouffran just doesn't work. We are far too negative, as proved by our start to the season. We play much better being positive on the front foot, I thought we'd turned a corner and Pardew had come around to a different tactical outlook but clearly fucking not. His natural thought process is to give the opposition far too much respect, they were missing a handful of important players and were there for the taking today. Opportunity missed. They created very little, as did we. Very fortunate goal but we switched off completely, Sissoko will be a big miss.

Didn't watch the game (thankfully) - where did Sissoko play, position-wise? Please tell me he wasn't moved around to accommodate Gouffran?

Same as last game to begin with i.e. AM but dropped deeper to cover for Tiote on the hour mark when he was subbed for Cisse.

Pardew back to his old self today, setting up to not get beat and then ending up getting beat. Shambolic to even consider starting Gouffran with the form he's been in the past year.

Aye they were there for the taking today. Disappointed with our team selection and approach.

Aye they were there for the taking today. Disappointed with our team selection and approach.

Yeah thats the frustrating part of it all, why set up so negatively when West Ham are there for the taking. Terrible management from Pardew this game and can see him creeping in some of his old tactics into the next few games citing the oppostion and suspensions as excuses for his poor tactics.

Yeah thats the frustrating part of it all, why set up so negatively when West Ham are there for the taking. Terrible management from Pardew this game and can see him creeping in some of his old tactics into the next few games citing the oppostion and suspensions as excuses for his poor tactics.

He'll always be like this though. Playing Gouffran under the pretense he'll help defend against Downing rather than a player (Cabella) who could get at a potentially weak full back. Any kind of run like the recent one will never last.

Yeah, its disappointing but completely expected.

Expect similar things at Burnley. Without Sissoko it'll be a complete headless chicken running fest. I think our best chance would be to play both Cisee and Perez.

Aaron's, coloccini both back in training.

One positive out of today is that I am now 100% sure I never want Carroll back here.

Anita, Tiote and Bigi in midfield against Burnley?

Bigi is ok, but Sissoko is a massive miss not just in terms of quality, but that style of his can drag a win from an average performance

Based on who was available today, against Burnley I would go with..................unless there is more injuries

................................Eliot

......Janmaat - Saylor - Dummett - Haidara

..........Cabella - Anita - Tiote - Ameobe

.........................Perez - Cisse

Hopefully other players in training may be available on Tuesday.

Aaron's, coloccini both back in training.

One positive out of today is that I am now 100% sure I never want Carroll back here.

Anita, Tiote and Bigi in midfield against Burnley?

Not sure about chucking Bigi in all of a sudden. Put Anita alongside Tiote, Cisse upfront and Perez in the Sissoko role.

Disappointed we lacked 'Frust' but there were times when we played some decent stuff up to a point. The goal was the killer as they looked as least as timid as we did in the final third and not as comfortable with the ball. A classic example of two managers trying not to get beat and hoping for a lucky break or a bounce which yesterday went in favour of Fat Sham. Once they went in front we were fucked. Got to say the Ref gave them the benefit time after time today and the game went from bad to worse with the suspensions.

A classic example of two managers trying not to get beat and hoping for a lucky break or a bounce which yesterday went in favour of Fat Sham.

Fuck knows why, it's not like we're both currently battling relegation and desperate for points. Should have gone for it, especially knowing each team was missing a few key players.

Then again, was always going to be a 1-0 with the managers in charge.

Disappointed we lacked 'Frust' but there were times when we played some decent stuff up to a point. The goal was the killer as they looked as least as timid as we did in the final third and not as comfortable with the ball. A classic example of two managers trying not to get beat and hoping for a lucky break or a bounce which yesterday went in favour of Fat Sham. Once they went in front we were fucked. Got to say the Ref gave them the benefit time after time today and the game went from bad to worse with the suspensions.

I think this just about sums it up. We were ok and can't really say they deserved to win any more than us but they got that bit of luck that we didn't. We defended pretty well again but unsurprisingly we lost some attacking prowess having Goufrran back. I'm not sure what Cabella did to deserve dropping. I thought QPR was the best he's played all season and he's seemed to improve each game recently.