Terrorism

aimaad22

31 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

I didn't say either response was right or wrong.  PL was saying how people had confronted the attackers with bottles and that, which flies in the face of what has to be police advice.  No-one should be expected to do anything but get to somewhere safe, but the 'United 93' type response to jeopardise your own safety is something that should be applauded though, right?

I read they went into a pub - I can't see why a few blokes using chairs couldn't seriously hurt them despite the knives. 

I'd like to think I'd be able to stand up to these animals if confronted but the reality of the situation is you're facing someone brandishing a knife, apparently wearing a suicide bomb vest, who is prepared to take their own lives in order to kill others. Even the hardest nutters in the country would probably leg it.

• Like 1

Yeah the vests were a "good" tactic from that pov but I've seen pub fights involving heed the balls and I'm still surprised nobody tried. 

Londoners are generally soft as shite pacifists - particularly in that area, which is full of tourists, students and the general metropolitan liberal elite. Might have turned out differently if they'd tried that shit in Canning Town or Croydon. 

22 minutes ago, NJS said:

Yeah the vests were a "good" tactic from that pov but I've seen pub fights involving heed the balls and I'm still surprised nobody tried. 

I think it will probably emerge that a few of those dead or in hospital did.

Apparently the copper who is in hospital after being stabbed by these shits took all three of them on by himself armed only with a baton. Balls of steel 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Apparently the copper who is in hospital after being stabbed by these shits took all three of them on by himself armed only with a baton. Balls of steel 

Bit of a disadvantage that isn't it? Maybe if he had a gun...

6 hours ago, Happy Face said:

I didn't say either response was right or wrong.  PL was saying how people had confronted the attackers with bottles and that, which flies in the face of what has to be police advice.  No-one should be expected to do anything but get to somewhere safe, but the 'United 93' type response to jeopardise your own safety is something that should be applauded though, right?

Eh? Strange to use Uniited 93 as an example. The passengers there had no choice but to try or die anyway. 

One good thing about this country is the fact we have so few circulating fire arms, particularly semi automatic rifles. Imagine if these arseholes had Kalishnikovs like so many of the French attacks?

Also, a response rate of 8 minutes is massively impressive. Please don't arm regular police. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Yes, you're average bobby on the street doesn't need a gun. I thought they mostly had tasers these days though. 

They would have if it weren't for fop's petition. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Eh? Strange to use Uniited 93 as an example. The passengers there had no choice but to try or die anyway. 

One good thing about this country is the fact we have so few circulating fire arms, particularly semi automatic rifles. Imagine if these arseholes had Kalishnikovs like so many of the French attacks?

Also, a response rate of 8 minutes is massively impressive. Please don't arm regular police. 

And if the cop who challenged them was armed and took them down in two minutes then how many lives could have been saved?

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: I think I missed that thread 

@Renton

Thread? It was his raison d'etre. I still have a recollection of him posting a video of a naked bloke amphetamined of his tits with a micropenis getting tazered. Possibly a young CT. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And if the cop who challenged them was armed and took them down in two minutes then how many lives could have been saved?

Maybe more people could have been saved. Or maybe more would have died if he had been targeted and his weapon used?

Not the point though. British "bobbies" have never been armed which is of huge benefit for community trust.  We're not at the stage yet that these cunts should stop that imo. Tazers are a decent compromise. 

10 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

8 officers fired 50 rounds with one member of the public hit by a stray bullet.

50 rounds for 3 people? :lol:

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Maybe more people could have been saved. Or maybe more would have died if he had been targeted and his weapon used?

Not the point though. British "bobbies" have never been armed which is of huge benefit for community trust.  We're not at the stage yet that these cunts should stop that imo. Tazers are a decent compromise. 

Bollocks, it does very little, if anything, for community trust. The UK is one of a handful of countries that don't arm their police which is even more ridiculous given the threats we all face today.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Bollocks, it does very little, if anything, for community trust. The UK is one of a handful of countries that don't arm their police which is even more ridiculous given the threats we all face today.

I don't think it's bollocks like. You're tainted from your experience of the bogside. Here, it's just not normal. I remember the first time I went to NYC and seeing the normal police with holsters and wired hand guns. Straight away made me feel uneasy.

Look, we've had 3 atrocities in a short time and in the worst of these arming police would have done nowt. The other 2 it's dubious. Put it in perspective on a national scale These extremists want to destroy our liberties. I say fuck them. I think I'm right in saying most the police agree and don't want to be armed with lethal weapons. Tazers are a good compromise. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't think it's bollocks like. You're tainted from your experience of the bogside. Here, it's just not normal. I remember the first time I went to NYC and seeing the normal police with holsters and wired hand guns. Straight away made me feel uneasy.

Look, we've had 3 atrocities in a short time and in the worst of these arming police would have done nowt. The other 2 it's dubious. Put it in perspective on a national scale These extremists want to destroy our liberties. I say fuck them. I think I'm right in saying most the police agree and don't want to be armed with lethal weapons. Tazers are a good compromise. 

It's absolutely normal in 95% of the world, there is no reason whatsoever to say that it wouldn't work in GB.