Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously we contracted coaches until 2020? Why?

Because we finished 5th one year. I really think that's basically the whole reason.

"Stability"

It's the route to success you know.....it took Sir Alex Ferguson 4 years to win a trophy at Manu....but he was actually fuckin trying to do so... :glare:

The uncertainty isn't beneficial to anyone. It's not like Carver is an unknown quantity.

The uncertainty isn't beneficial but the ideal for Ashley would certainly be that Carver is capable of keeping us where we are. He's obviously going to be the cheapest option and clearly would take all of Ashley's shit. It therefore follows that he would give Carver a decent chance to prove himself. While he's giving him this time he's also reducing the likelihood of us signing anyone this month.

To me it makes sense that they keep things like this for a while longer then give Carver the job.

If Stoke wins or draws and we lose at the weekend we will slip out of the top half. Surely that will bode ill for Cardew if we don't stay in the top 10.

I can't fault him for dropping 3 points against Chelsea but can certainly fault him for dropping 2 against Burnley.

Cardew doesn't impress me as man who can take the bull by the horns and think for himself. His starting line-up against Burnley was almost exactly what Pardew would have fielded. Credit to him for starting Cabella against Chelsea but no credit for playing Willo when he could have played Dummett in his place with Haidara and Santon sitting on the bench.

I'd like to see someone other than Cardew in charge.

The uncertainty isn't beneficial but the ideal for Ashley would certainly be that Carver is capable of keeping us where we are. He's obviously going to be the cheapest option and clearly would take all of Ashley's shit. It therefore follows that he would give Carver a decent chance to prove himself. While he's giving him this time he's also reducing the likelihood of us signing anyone this month.

To me it makes sense that they keep things like this for a while longer then give Carver the job.

Fair enough, I just can't see Carver in place full time (unless of course he performs brilliantly), I also don't think Ashley is that involved in the day-to-day transfer goings on. They will have had a transfer strategy laid out at the beginning of the season with a couple of approaches to react to a couple of scenarios and I'm sure they weren't anticipating Pardew going, but I'm not sure how much that would change their overall approach.

If we don't sign anyone, it's not because of Carver, or Garde or whatever, it's because we were in the top half at Christmas and looking comfortable. If we do sign someone it's because they were always in our plans to be pursued in this window.

Pardew gave Carver a job as a link to the region - he admitted that on a few occasions so the fact he didn't want to take him to palace tells me all I need to know about his coaching ability.

Pardew gave Carver a job as a link to the region - he admitted that on a few occasions so the fact he didn't want to take him to palace tells me all I need to know about his coaching ability.

That's a good point. Suppose it's possible he asked and Carver declined like, but I'm inclined to agree with your interpretation.

Is Ashley waiting not only for the transfer window to close, but possibly more significantly the season ticket renewal deadline to pass before he tells Carver just to carry on as he has been?...

A new manager/head coach might encourage some people to renew that weren't planning to?

I doubt they give a toss about what the fans think one way or another. After this ia the regime that appointed Kinnear. Twice.

My point was that they care about the cash, if the appointment of a new Head Coach convinces a few chumps to cough up for a 1/2 season ticket, or to renew a full one, then why wouldn't they?

My point was that they care about the cash, if the appointment of a new Head Coach convinces a few chumps to cough up for a 1/2 season ticket, or to renew a full one, then why wouldn't they?

I suppose it depends on whether the amount of cash at stake is significant. Is flogging tickets a problem these days?

I suppose it depends on whether the amount of cash at stake is significant. Is flogging tickets a problem these days?

Who am I? Box Office Barry?

Tim Sherwood apparently ruled out though. They may yet make a good appointment you know.

Is that according to the Knight Ryder? I suspect he hasn't got a clue what's really happening....

Sherwood ruled himself out, didn't he?

As have the majority on Lee Ryder's copy & paste article today.

It's only really Garde, Tuchel, Labbadia and Carver.

I'm sure there's a "Rider carve® touching labia guard" In there somewhere but I just can't see it.