Newcastle vs Burnley

Andrew

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good football played for a while, but Williamson on for me was a sign that Carver's not the man for the job, and Armstrong on? No thanks.

Still the most enjoyable experience of watching a match for a long time.

:lol: Aye the Armstrong thing is fucking baffling. We have a lad that is shorter but has a high skill level playing just off the striker, so you bring on an even shorter and low skill level version for him to play off? fucking hell.

Good football played for a while, but Williamson on for me was a sign that Carver's not the man for the job, and Armstrong on? No thanks.

Still the most enjoyable experience of watching a match for a long time.

Should've brought Haidara on and moved Dummet inside...

Some thoughts.

1) Carver got the set-up right in the first half. Burnley allowed us to come onto them and we did just that, well.

2) Carver made an absolute 100 car pile-up fireball of the second half. 3 system changes is not wise.

3) The first change saw us go 4-1-4-1 and leave a lone striker, which ended up as Armstrong. What good is he going to do in that role?

4) Then we ended up with a 3-5-1-1 formation, which resulted in our attacking play being really spread and hindered our ball retention. When will get see a Newcastle team that uses possession as a defensive tool?

5) Alnwick can't save a shot that's a yard either side with pace. Seems like he has really stumpy poppadom arms.

6) Whoever decided that Alnwick was a worthy 3rd choice needs to get their head checked. Loan keeper in January please. Krul, Elliot and Darlow for next season.

7) Ayoze is fucking brilliant.

Agree with all that.

Criminal that he took Riviere off, who, despite not scoring, was keeping their defenders busy and had a bit of presence about him. Armstrong was completely anonymous and hoofing it at him is never going to work. I knew as soon as Williamson came on, we wouldn't win because he's a fucking liability who is constantly all over the place. As said, Carver went into full-Pardew mode when panic kicked in; 5 defenders and a holding midfielder on the pitch, at home against relegation fodder and we still never looked like stopping them scoring. Tiote is a waste of time when we're struggling with possession too because he can't pass water. The stench of Pardew was lingering around that like a shite in a train toilet. Off you trot, Carver.

Jak Alnwick :lol: I kna it's not his fault he's been thrown in but it's fucking 100% turbo mental that he's still at a Premier League club at his age. He should have been at Jarrow Roofing in 2012

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Alnwick has conceded 18 goals in 7 appearances. Horrific record.

Has the look of the rotational outfielder playing in goals in a six a side competition.

Apart from him the rest of our defense was horrible too.

The Armstrong thing has to be because he's a local lad. Or the old favourite "he does well in training". Don't want to judge him too harshly given his youth but at the moment i'm not seeing anything to suggest he deserves to keep getting minutes.

Oh and

Richard Parfitt: Newcastle fans booing one of the games of the season. What a negative club.

:lol:

Great logic.

Criminal that he took Riviere off, who, despite not scoring, was keeping their defenders busy and had a bit of presence about him. Armstrong was completely anonymous and hoofing it at him is never going to work. I knew as soon as Williamson came on, we wouldn't win because he's a fucking liability who is constantly all over the place. As said, Carver went into full-Pardew mode when panic kicked in; 5 defenders and a holding midfielder on the pitch, at home against relegation fodder and we still never looked like stopping them scoring. Tiote is a waste of time when we're struggling with possession too because he can't pass water. The stench of Pardew was lingering around that like a shite in a train toilet. Off you trot, Carver.

:lol:

Alnwick has conceded 18 goals in 7 appearances. Horrific record.

Our superior, influential goalkeeping coach, Andy Woodman should take 50% of the blame. He has a Dutch keeper who can not kick a either a dead ball or moving ball correctly. A reserve goalkeeper who is kilos overweight and crap and a 3rd choice who flattered to deceive for 45 minutes against Chelsea and since then looks like he would have problems getting into a school team.

had us to draw with 2 other teams so i was torn for the result there.

1 point and £200 for me seemed the best deal all-round :D

Never been more clearly a fan of Ben Arfa than Newcastle.

Our superior, influential goalkeeping coach, Andy Woodman should take 50% of the blame. He has a Dutch keeper who can not kick a either a dead ball or moving ball correctly. A reserve goalkeeper who is kilos overweight and crap and a 3rd choice who flattered to deceive for 45 minutes against Chelsea and since then looks like he would have problems getting into a school team.

:lol: Says a lot about Pardew (and the level of our staff) as well that Woodman is supposedly the bloke he is desperate to bring with him to Palace.

I've seen games thrown away before but this has to be the worst. It seemed like the starting eleven never came out for the second half. Tiote was a liability. On that second half display it wouldn't have surprised me if we had lost, and we very nearly did. Carver seems to hold Cabella in the same mode Pardew did. On the first half display it should have been a cake-walk. Despite his goal, Sissoko was far from his best.

And I'll say it again, Jak-shit.