January Transfers 2015

salsaman7

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got Colo, Williamson and Dummet until the end of the season, anyone know if any of the younger lot look capable of stepping up if they need to?

I imagine with the Forest lad likely joining us in 6 months and our relative safety from relegation they might gamble on not investing.

But the end result is the same.

Depends what you mean. As Andrew points out Swansea won the League Cup recently. It's different if, by contrast you're prepared to regular write seasons off in January by actively seeking to offload an asset because you have enough points on the board. That's more or less making up the minds of any player who isn't in the 'lucky to be here' category sooner or later. Did I really need to point out the difference?

Aye, they are a selling club but it's fucking Swansea is that the level of club you see us as Blackandwhite? They're also probably not in a financial position where they can turn down that level of money, not many are, Newcastle now is probably stable enough to turn down 20m bids for Sissoko but they wont. As Alex and Andrew have pointed out Swansea are also willing to give the cups a go and they will probably re invest a decent amount of the money in this window with a replacement which is something we don't do under Ashley, we tend to feel confident we can survive until the summer where players are cheaper essentially, as Alex said, giving up on the season.

:lol:

I would describe my 'support' for the team as dormant, and my participation on discussions on it now as a passing interest.

Although I guess maybe I'm lying to myself because I did thoroughly enjoy that Chelsea win...

To be fair, we aren't the only club that has sold high profile players in the last 5 years. The likes of Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool haven't held onto their best either. Honestly, except City, Manure and Chelsea, all clubs are prone to losing their players these days.

It's just that we don't really reinvest the money to strengthen the squad. We try to find a cheap alternative or in a lot of cases, no alternative. That's the problem.

Our top quality striker signing sorted then, make way Riviere, Ferreyra, Perez, De Jong, Armstrong the prince of Newcastle is back. Carver has his main tactic sorted, everybody pass to Willo, Willo hoof to Shola, Shola heads it to anyone near the box - instant goal.