John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a victim in this ffs. He's just another complicit cunt with no self respect.

Well if we're talking about complicit cunts with no self respect, what about the dipshits who actually pay for their fortnightly part in this palaver? :razz:

But anyway, I disagree, I think he is definitely a victim in all this. We've ALL been put in positions at work where we feel too much is being asked or we're right under pressure on something, but nobody just walks out and says they'll wonder where next week's food bill is coming from when next week comes around.

He needs the work. People saying he should walk are thinking about as straight as Carver is at the minute.

I doubt he even has a mortgage. He's been handsomely compensated during his time workmf for us, even if it less than most coaches for other big cluns get. I'd walk if I were him. His position is untenable after the weekend

So what about clothes for his kids, food on the table, the gas and electric.

Even if he has got some money set aside, you can't expect the bloke to cash in his pension because he's been put in a job that's too big for him. Half of this "I won't walk away, that's not the sort of bloke I am" stuff is macho Geordie bullshit. I bet he's barely sleeping and can't think straight. This is a bloke who probably doesn't feel like he can leave his house at the minute.

He's just a normal bloke who can't hack the position he's been put in, people need to not lose sight of that. We aren't talking about a millionaire who can have 6 months in Marbella to recharge here, not even close.

You reckon he's on any more than 50/60k pa? No chance.

Likely, given that the highest remunerated director (presumaby Charnely) is on £106k pa. Compared to the divisional average of around £1m+

Well if we're talking about complicit cunts with no self respect, what about the dipshits who actually pay for their fortnightly part in this palaver? :razz:

But anyway, I disagree, I think he is definitely a victim in all this. We've ALL been put in positions at work where we feel too much is being asked or we're right under pressure on something, but nobody just walks out and says they'll wonder where next week's food bill is coming from when next week comes around.

He needs the work. People saying he should walk are thinking about as straight as Carver is at the minute.

He didn't need to put himself in this position. and I doubt he is even officially contracted to do this work. I'm not sure he could even be legitimately sacked if he refuses to continue.

But anyway, even before this shameful debacle I thought he was a bit of an arsehole. I'm not going to feel sorry for him now he's feeling the pressure. There's always other options, he's just too gutless to take them. My sympathy is entirely with the fans who don't deserve any of this.

Are we really discussing John Carver's utility bills? Has it come to this?

:lol: WHAT ABOUT HIS SHINY SUIT BUDGET FUCKFACE?

Does that put it in language you can understand?

Are we really discussing John Carver's utility bills? Has it come to this?

I don't think it's healthy to have minimum expectations on anything to do with this club...

He didn't need to put himself in this position. and I doubt he is even officially contracted to do this work. I'm not sure he could even be legitimately sacked if he refuses to continue.

But anyway, even before this shameful debacle I thought he was a bit of an arsehole. I'm not going to feel sorry for him now he's feeling the pressure. There's always other options, he's just too gutless to take them. My sympathy is entirely with the fans who don't deserve any of this.

Every fan in that ground knew what they were getting when they signed up for this season's ticket. They had other options but we're too gutless to take them.

He can't even coach marking for set pieces man, do you really think he understands the finer points of contract law.

:lol: WHAT ABOUT HIS SHINY SUIT BUDGET FUCKFACE?

Does that put it in language you can understand?

You're a deeply weird person, Gemmill.

Anyway, I'm in Sao Paulo (#Chez) - got my shiny shorts on. :razz:

Every fan in that ground knew what they were getting when they signed up for this season's ticket. They had other options but we're too gutless to take them.

He can't even coach marking for set pieces man, do you really think he understands the finer points of contract law.

Nobody signed up for a ST on the understanding Carver would be de facto manager man. :lol:

I suspect next year attendance will be massively down, we'll see. why the fuck you are so sympathetic to Carver and not Pardew I really don't know. You're actually massively patronising him.

Nobody signed up for a ST on the understanding Carver would be de facto manager man. :lol:

I suspect next year attendance will be massively down, we'll see. why the fuck you are so sympathetic to Carver and not Pardew I really don't know. You're actually massively patronising him.

Because he is completely out of his depth and there are people at the club that know this and plainly couldn't give a fuck about the consequences for either the team or the bloke personally, which makes him something of a sympathetic character, albeit a not very likeable one.

Because he is completely out of his depth and there are people at the club that know this and plainly couldn't give a fuck about the consequences for either the team or the bloke personally, which makes him something of a sympathetic character, albeit a not very likeable one.

Fair enough, you're more sympathetic than me. It's canny difficult for me to feel anything but pure hatred towards all the club management and nearly all the players at the moment.

Fair enough, you're more sympathetic than me. It's canny difficult for me to feel anything but pure hatred towards all the club management and nearly all the players at the moment.

To be clear, I do think he's an idiot, and I was a complete arsehole about him on Saturday both during and after the match, but I do think he's in a very difficult position.

There was a heated phone call between Mashley and Charnley today.....

.....some wear and tear on SD signage needs attention.

Any of you Euro hipsters have a clue who the new manager is?

mystery_man.jpg

"Hi, following the result at Leicester City on Saturday, there has been two days with frank de Logue, John Carver and senior players.

The outcome of those discussions is that the board, John Carver, his staff, players and most importantly, myself, Frank De Logue, are absolutely focused on our current situation and the three hugely-important fixtures that remain this season, two of which are at St. James' Park.
All parties accept responsibility for the current situation but are determined, together, to ensure this Club - your Club - retains its Premier League status.
That is the only focus at this time."

From .com:

So before those discussions they weren't absolutely focused? That may be the understatement of the year.

The emboldening on the words your club is ours, but a policy shift from NUFC can be seen by their use of that phrase. Desperation I think it's called - and a belated admission that we are deeply in the proverbial.

Sadly though, it's a long, long time since it was remotely accurate and the current situation begs the question of whether this is actually a club in any sense of the word.

The treatment of club legends, weakening of the squad, vandalising of the ground, the SJP name change, the poisonous appointments of Wise and JFK, the scumbag shirt sponsorship, take your pick: all reinforcing the fact that this is anything but our club and don't forget it.

Well said :yes: