Adam Johnson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/03/spotlight-on-sunderland-for-allowing-adam-johnson-to-continue-playing

Bridget's mam sticking the boot in:

Clare Phillipson, the director of Sunderland-based domestic violence group Wearside Women in Need, accused the club of an absolute betrayal of their fans for allowing Johnson to continue playing.

Phillipson called for the resignation of the clubs senior management and said there should be an external investigation.

She said: It was all going on while Sunderland Football Club were making their despicable decision to ignore the victim, ignore the consequences on her, ignore how she would feel week after week being made out to be a liar, being vilified on social media because the football club effectively said to the fans he cant have done anything wrong, innocent until proven guilty, when they knew all along what he had acknowledged and admitted. I just cant believe they did that.

Absolutely. I'm pleased the press is picking up on this so it isn't just seen as a club loyalty thing. They've got some splainin' to do.

Can't imagine anything happening because of it though. It'd take more than a disgruntled director of a local project speaking out in the Gruniad.

Aye I'm not expecting points deductions or anything, I'm simply saying that their official statement is intentionally misrepresenting the truth and they need to do better.

Amazed the club are getting away with this so far from the media, in general. Not a hint of their wrongdoing from Look North last night, in fact they were portrayed as victims. Despicable cunts.

These charities should have come out before it got anywhere near this stage tbh. The guy from the NSPCC there is saying how they should have suspended him until the case was sorted even if they hadn't known what he did. Where were people saying this before the verdict?

Aye but it's only come out during the trial. Plus the last thing they would want to do is prejudice the trial because it may have led to him getting off that way.

And, as Claire Phillipson pointed out, there was an assumption that the club must have known something that pointed to his innocence when they un-suspended him. I would never have thought that in fact it seems they knew the opposite.

And, as Claire Phillipson pointed out, there was an assumption that the club must have known something that pointed to his innocence when they un-suspended him. I would never have thought that in fact it seems they knew the opposite.

They knew they needed points and it was going to take months due to the not guilty.

Getting hammered on look North now like.

:lol: I'm not even going to look at what the mackems are saying but I've no doubt they have a massive chip on their shoulder about this, completely blind to the fact their club deserves the grief.

Oh aye and I've been proven right over that mug Daddys cock again, this is the shit your club are getting that I said they would deserve.

Basically they were waiting to see if he managed to get off with it whilst knowing he was guilty then. Absolutely awful. They haven't even waited until he was guilty of the more serious charges before sacking him. They've sacked him for pleading guilty to what they already knew!