Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

I think he wants to have some players on the bench who can make an impact too. It's also an attempt to force a performance out of the likes of Cisse.

At the time I thought Cisse was not terrible, which is a marked improvement. Lovely deft touch to put Colback through, but that's all I can remember of him as an attacking threat so I had a look; 1 shot, 3 offsides, 41 touches (only 3 touches in the box.)

Mitrovic in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch; 2 shots, no offsides, 8 touches (4 in the box)

Cisse simply can't play the lone striker role. I don't think Mitro is great at it either (although he might better with experience)but he's better than Cisse. I thought Cisse put a decent shift in on Saturday without really acheiving anything other than that nice flick on for Colback. I'd prefer to see the two of them given a go together.

Cisse simply can't play the lone striker role. I don't think Mitro is great at it either (although he might better with experience)but he's better than Cisse. I thought Cisse put a decent shift in on Saturday without really acheiving anything other than that nice flick on for Colback. I'd prefer to see the two of them given a go together.

I think they could both play together. Mtiro can hold the ball up well with Cisse running off him.

Cisse also won the corner for the first goal. I like the way Rafa is mixing it up a bit and given recent performances from lots of players, that's what he should be doing.

Rafa obviously sees players abilities all week in training and is fairly happy that given chances, Cisse is the better finisher.

It was also nice, as Alex says, having Mitrovich to come on and make an impact.

Still think we're fucked though, although a win tomorrow would make it interesting again.

A win tomorrow wouldn't just make it interesting, it would make Newcastle favourites to stay up...

Don't think points tomorrow are necessary at all, I'm more concerned about goal difference.

Cisse also won the corner for the first goal. I like the way Rafa is mixing it up a bit and given recent performances from lots of players, that's what he should be doing.

Rafa obviously sees players abilities all week in training and is fairly happy that given chances, Cisse is the better finisher.

It was also nice, as Alex says, having Mitrovich to come on and make an impact.

Still think we're fucked though, although a win tomorrow would make it interesting again.

Worst shot accuracy of the 3 strikers.

There's stats and there's what Rafa is seeing in training 5 days a week.

I don't doubt, but you said he was the best finisher, that's demonstrably untrue.

I think Cisse was picked as much to keep Mitrovic's powder dry and rested for Man City tomorrow, as it was because Cisse will graft and is unlikely to get into the book.

I didn't ;)

If "Cisse is the better finisher" doesn't mean he's the best finisher out of the 2, I don't know what does. :lol:

You daft 'apeth

I can't imagine resting a key player for a game there's little chance of winning instead of playing him in a key fixture.

Mitrovic holds the ball better than Cisse which should reduce the pressure, he's also more of a threat from set pieces.

Clues in the first word.

5a26a3192d7ae045da96bccdafbb2b26.jpg

I assumed that was projection as you, of all people, couldn't possibly know what the fuck Rafa Benitez is thinking. Here's a clue, a striker's contribution isn't solely to be judged on his finishing.

I assumed that was projection as you, of all people, couldn't possibly know what the fuck Rafa Benitez is thinking. Here's a clue, a striker's contribution isn't solely to be judged on his finishing.

:lol: I don't know what he's thinking, but I do see who he's picked to try and help him pocket his million pound bonus ;)

:lol: I don't know what he's thinking, but I do see who he's picked to try and help him pocket his million pound bonus ;)

So why did you presume to state Cisse was picked to start by Rafa because he "is fairly happy that given chances Cisse is the better finisher".

:lol:;):good::yahoo::cuppa:

I must have been at a different game cos I thought Cisse was shite. He didn't even attempt to hold the ball up, you couldn't have got a sheet of paper under his feet when he jumped. The one chance he had, offside again, he missed by a country mile

I must have been at a different game cos I thought Cisse was shite. He didn't even attempt to hold the ball up, you couldn't have got a sheet of paper under his feet when he jumped. The one chance he had, offside again, he missed by a country mile

I thought he was slightly better than usual in his link up play, but that's not saying much given how little I rate that area of his game.

If he's not scoring goals, I don't see the point of him. And I've probably said before, he's got no place in the modern game.