Alexandar Mitrovic

The Fish

Delighted that he got the goals yesterday. First one was really well taken.

If you had to pick one player who'd you want to have a great career here most of us would pick him without a doubt.

"It has been my favourite club ever since I was small boy in Serbia. I have followed Newcastle my whole life. I had two Newcastle shirts when I was little. It was unusual, most people choose a team like Manchester United or Barcelona, but for me, it has always been Newcastle.

“They played against Partizan Belgrade [in the Champions League] when I was small. I don’t know, there was something here I really liked. It was the passion, the relationship between the fans and the players.

“You could feel it on the TV, you could see it was something different. Even when big clubs came here, they were afraid of this crowd"

:wub:

Something I've been trying to explain to people for 15 odd years 

Wish people would drop it tbh. It'll not happen on Rafa's watch

Aye, we keep winning happily enough with 1 of them up front and Rafa will want to use this system in the premier league.

We're not going to play two up too after promotion so we won't do it this season.

I think his all round game is sound. It's his finishing and his temperament he needs to work on

Yeah forgot his finishing is suspect as well. ;)

He would be a good squad player in the PL but I honestly don't see him as the player who's going to get you 15-20 goals.

He got nine league goals in his first PL season as a 21 year old in a relegated side. I don't see why he couldn't get 15+ goals if he develops.

Don't get me wrong I hope he does develop...I just can't see him as a top tier PL striker, he lacks too many of the basic skill sets...No pace, lack of technique, game management etc...He could develop into the Charlie Austin type of level but I can't see more than that.

He is a monster and does have a presence and can mix it (good with his head)....In the PL you need one striker with sheer pace and good close control. If Benitez buys one of those and Mitro could develop within that squad mix.

We will need to buy a fair bit and obviously start with those two midfielders with good engines who can get up and down cause without that block you are just losing too many games.

The Watford model would be the best to follow as I can't see us spending 100m+

Capoue and one other breaking up play and two hard working forwards one dropping off...Both highly mobile and athletic. Been really impressed with Watford and their match perception that they all know what to do in most circumstances.

Edited by Park Life

I'd like to see what he can do in the premiership in a proper footballing setup that Rafa brings, with a decent season under his belt and reasonable service into him.

Harsh to judge a 22 year old on the basis of last year, we were absolutely shite under a clueless coaching setup.

Mind I was saying on another thread that consistency of Gayle/Mitro will be a big test for them next year with goal scoring chances at a premium.

We'll need someone like this and it will cost 30m odd...Benitez is one of the best in the world at setting the block and the positioning of the 5 defensive players plus one box to box...Our first season back will come down to how much threat we have up front.

BREEL EMBOLO

The Swiss club have already rejected £23million from Wolfsburg for the 19-year-old forward who is powerful and pacy. Tottenham, West Ham and West Brom have made enquiries as have Everton but the pricetag may put them off...

328B697B00000578-3508992-image-a-14_1458

Edited by Park Life

Doesn't he play for Schalke now?

Yeah. That's why I said someone like him. :)

It's paramount we get one forward with pace and stamina. Under Benitez we'll be breaking against most sides and unless a mountain of money is spent we won't be dominating possession. There is a handful of players of his type knocking around in the 20-25 age range and I'd be far more comfortable with one of them in the side so we can break quickly or get behind teams. Even basic PL teams like Burnley and Bournemouth are that well organised its hard to break them down if you play everything in front of them.

Edited by Park Life

Its a fair point. You'd think we'd be looking to add a striker anyway with just Gayle and Mitro being the out and out strikers right now. Not counting Murphy for the premiership. Remains to be seen if Rafa opts to splurge out 20-30M on one to lead the line or puts his faith in these two and adds a backup option.