Calais Crisis

Park Life

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crisis?..is it really? Or is it a crisis because the daily mail etc says so?...silly season atm + an immigration story=crisis. There's literally nothing to be done, people want a slice of the good life and know they can take advantage of EU laws to get it. If I was in sat in Homs or Darfur I'm fuckin sure I'd be on my bike.

"According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), over 3 million have fled to Syria's immediate neighbours Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq. 6.5 million are internally displaced within Syria."

Something like 2k at Calais?

Edited by The Fish

What is so attractive about the UK to these people? Are our benefits so generous? Last time I looked the money for asylum seekers wasn't great.

Isn't it more about getting away from where they are, and the image of Britain that is touted by people smugglers and other criminals?

Yeah but what's the desperation to get to the UK from continental Europe? They've already come along way to get to France, what's wrong with staying there? Or Italy? Or Germany?

They come to the UK because apparently its easier to work illegally here. Heard it on the radio, no idea how true that is.

If it is only 2k people, take some of the queens properties off her and make them into boarding houses.

Think the people who want to come here already have connections here. Probably more to it than that of course but I think it explains the aim in a lot of cases.

An official EU appointed and uniformed force working out of official EU reception centres would be a start, based in the likes of Sicilly and Crete and other major points of entry. Then it may be getting dealt with on sovereign states' soil but not at their expense. Things can then be assessed. And if there's a policy to send some back for decent legally binding reasons, so be it.

We should build a pedestrian channel tunnel, like the one at Howdon.

This would take the pressure/danger off the train tunnel.

Then, when they're all in the tunnel, seal it at both ends and start a new breed of Morlocks, or something.

I haven't really thought out the endgame yet.

We should build a pedestrian channel tunnel, like the one at Howdon.

This would take the pressure/danger off the train tunnel.

Then, when they're all in the tunnel, seal it at both ends and start a new breed of Morlocks, or something.

I haven't really thought out the endgame yet.

horrified-face.jpg?w=640

"Arrrghh!!! Morlocks!!! They've turned into Morlocks!!!"

18zkwhnygtf08jpg.jpg

"Gaaa ggaaa gooogoooo!!! Morlocks!!"

436c0a77018cbe25afc22ca78fcc9fe9.jpg

"Wheres the fucking ball went, now? Errr, I mean....Morlocks!!!"

morlocks2.png

"What yaz going on about, Marras? Ah've just been to Calais on a booze cruise with our lass. Ah got two slabs of LCL, five bottles of gin, some baccy and a few sleeves of Embassy Regal. Ah'll sell half to me marras in the Boldon Colliery sewshall club and ah'll keep the rest for masell, like."