Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

The left obviously feels that it has good intentions but the consequences of labelling any criticism of anything involving Islam as right wing extremism directly led to the inability to deal with rape gangs in Britain.

It also helped stoke the anti police sentiment around the time of the BLM riots which left policemen and civilians dead.

It also is more likely to try and ban free speech and cancel people they disagree with.

I’m not calling for that comedian to be banned I just think it’s unnecessarily provocative in a pointless way.

I still hold that Trump’s policies of secure borders, limited military intervention and focus on American jobs (which I still maintain is infinitely less dangerous than the Bush/Blair years) is why people vote for him and all the rest is him being a tactless loudmouth and the press ramping it all up for clicks.

Point 1 - You mean like the gang that fucking Tommy Robinson almost got acquitted by breaking the law reporting on it whilst it was still going on?

Point 2 - So, we shouldn't expect the general public to want accountability from their police force? There is no anti-police sentiment - just people expect to be protected by the police. What about the civilians unlawfully killed as a result of police brutality? Do they not count?

Point 3 - You're against the banning of free speech, but don't want comedians to say things you don't like? Seems about right.

Point 4 - Trump won votes from angry, bitter idiots who thought Trump "tells it like it is", despite him being caught in numerous lies, back peddling on numerous policies and just being a downright racist child molester.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

The left obviously feels that it has good intentions but the consequences of labelling any criticism of anything involving Islam as right wing extremism directly led to the inability to deal with rape gangs in Britain.

It also helped stoke the anti police sentiment around the time of the BLM riots which left policemen and civilians dead.

It also is more likely to try and ban free speech and cancel people they disagree with.

I’m not calling for that comedian to be banned I just think it’s unnecessarily provocative in a pointless way.

I still hold that Trump’s policies of secure borders, limited military intervention and focus on American jobs (which I still maintain is infinitely less dangerous than the Bush/Blair years) is why people vote for him and all the rest is him being a tactless loudmouth and the press ramping it all up for clicks.

I think we've moved off to the side a bit here with this now being a more general attack on the left rather than a focus on extremist violence. I assume you do acknowledge that extremist violence is a largely right wing phenomenon.

As for what you've outlined, I think a lot of cancelling goes both ways personally - the right do all the same things they're just not as technologically savvy at the grassroots so tend to be less effective with it. Both sides try to shut each other down. Antifa was branded a terrorist organization if I recall? The police dragged off anti-monarchists during the coronation/funeral proceedings of the royals. Right wing US states are targeting CRT and other academic considerations in their overhaul of the education system. Moralising clampdowns on trans people, etc.

Whether you agree with the US authorities in their approach to each case or not, we would have to acknowledge that they are censoring/cancelling things that most people would deem to be left wing. The difference tends to be, IMO, that the right is in power and so can cancel things officially. The actual/moderate left is never in power, so has to work from grassroots.

The extent of the damage Trump has done really depends on your other political priorities and worldview, so while I acknowledge what you've outlined in your case for him, I do not agree that he was infinitely less dangerous simply because he sped up American hegemonic decline and created a power vacuum that has led to the widespread destabilisation of the geopolitical order. See also Brexit, but localised to Europe/Russia. From an internationalist outlook (mine), Trump was a disaster.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Translation. I'm going to come out with a list of obvious lame right wing talking points then fuck off as they are undefendable and evaporate under the slightest logical analysis

"Enjoy this pipebomb lads I'm away to give my money away to hustlers university and call Tommy Robinson a freedom fighter on facebook"

I like when peoples try to gift Trump some kind of Galaxy Brain intellect. The bloke is a fucking chancer and a grifter. Thick as fuck and a failed businessman. 

• Like 3

On 17/10/2023 at 14:48, The Fish said:

I like when peoples try to gift Trump some kind of Galaxy Brain intellect. The bloke is a fucking chancer and a grifter. Thick as fuck and a failed businessman. 

And then you have his devotees 

Sidney Powell, one of the orange moron's co-defendants in the Georgia criminal trial has just plead guilty. Seems most think it signals a plea deal and a "flip".

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 1

Another one pleads out guilty.

Georgia's gonna do for him.

(and whilst I share RobinRobin's yearning for his demise, NOT until he sees it all crumble and he is destroyed).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...