NUFC v Man Utd

Anorthernsoul

Getting bored of "big clubs" talking about the officials to distract fans/press from their sides' poor performances or that they were simply matched by others.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great second half effort to be fair. Wijnaldum was fantastic, said it before, he may single handedly keep us up this season. I think Mitrovic deserves a lot of credit tonight though. Got into their faces and was involved in all of the goals. Smalling was the one looking like the guy in his first season in this league tonight.

The less said about Colback and Dummet the better. Defending on the whole was atrocious at times, especially first half.

Another decent performance overall against one of the so called big boys. No doubt we'll be shite again next week.

Can't fault or question Brolly-boy's starting line-up but I sure can question his putting Gouffran and Toney ahead of DeJong.

Putting DeJong on for 2 minutes of stoppage time was definitely a master stroke!!

The lads played well today and I give credit to Colo who played his heart out(stand up and cheer you Colo slaggers)

Sissoko was his usual self, caused them problems and gave up the ball too many times.

Certainly looked like a team today who should at least be mid-table, not in the bottom three.

Cracking game that. Even the atmosphere was alright second half, but I have to say that bastard with the curly hair could've been sent off 3 times, but no its Man Utd so be gentle referee. I feel bitter because we were a side to be proud of tonight, but we were playing against 12 men we genuinely were. Fuck Man Utd and fuck their scum fans spitting on us and chucking beer at us from above.

Elliot 7

Janmaat 7

Dummett 6

Coloccini 8

Mbemba 7

Tiote 7

Wijnaldum 9

Sissoko 6

Colback 6

Perez 6

Mitrovic 7

Proud of the lads the neet.

How the fuck is mike dean still getting away with this after all these years. A

He's an absolute disgrace and always has been.

Good performance, but not for the first time this season. We really haven't been getting the breaks, but I'm happy that the new lads should be coming into a team with a bit more confidence now, even though we're still bottom 3. People are right about wijnaldum - he got on the ball a lot more than he has done for most of the season and showed how important he can be for us. Colo absolutely class, but as a defensive unit we're still very soft at times and usually get punished for it. Anyway, onwards and upwards hopefully!

I've not watched Man Utd for a few month but if that was them "much improved" as BT were saying, I can't imagine how shit they've been recently. I thought they looked bang average and were quite clearly shitting themselves for about half an hour in the second half. Lingaard and Felaini should have scored their chances but they didn't because they're sub-par shite and that's why they're 6th and being left behind.

I thought they all had canny games except Colback and Perez. Perez looked like someone coming back from injury and Colback needs slung straight out for Shelvey. It's typical that Tiote starts finding form right as he's off to China too.

He's Dummett again!

Deserved more attention. :good:

Really enjoyable game to watch. For me we just need a similar threat down the left as the right and we'll be fine.

I have no idea what we are going to do with all these midfielders.

Well, we're likely to sell Tiote, by all accounts. Colback and Anita will most likely be rotated with Saivet and Shelvey, no? We were crying out for squad depth, now we've got some depth in central midfield you're concerned?

Both can play emergency fullback as well.

Deserved more attention. :good:

Well, we're likely to sell Tiote, by all accounts. Colback and Anita will most likely be rotated with Saivet and Shelvey, no? We were crying out for squad depth, now we've got some depth in central midfield you're concerned?

Both can play emergency fullback as well.

I didn't say I was concerned I said I've no idea who or where they'll play.

Has Saivet been bought to play out left or cover for Gini who has been playing out of position.

If Saivet is out left then is it Gini and Shelvey etc etc

I didn't say I was concerned I said I've no idea who or where they'll play.

Has Saivet been bought to play out left or cover for Gini who has been playing out of position.

If Saivet is out left then is it Gini and Shelvey etc etc

I'd expect a Shelvey to be 1st choice centre mid, Colback, Anita & Saivet to be played alongside him depending on opposition, form or injury.

Colback picked a brilliant time to have probably his worst game for us. Shelvey will be straight in ahead of him if Tiote is still here, but it seems likely he will be sold. I agree with Ayatollah, Perez looks like he needs a rest now.

I thought Mitro imprpoved quite a bit after his goal. Despite getting two assists (I think) he'd been poor most of the game but the relief of getting a goal seemed to visibly lift him. Hopefully he can take that on for Saturday.

Colback picked a brilliant time to have probably his worst game for us. Shelvey will be straight in ahead of him if Tiote is still here, but it seems likely he will be sold. I agree with Ayatollah, Perez looks like he needs a rest now.

I thought Mitro imprpoved quite a bit after his goal. Despite getting two assists (I think) he'd been poor most of the game but the relief of getting a goal seemed to visibly lift him. Hopefully he can take that on for Saturday.

See him go a bit Temuri afterwards?

I'd expect a Shelvey to be 1st choice centre mid, Colback, Anita & Saivet to be played alongside him depending on opposition, form or injury.

I agree with that. Gini needs to be stay in the middle mind so we really need to work out the left. I don't mind Perez playing there but he looks fucked at the minute. There seems to be no confidence in Thauvin. That leaves Aarons again as the player who might save us, if the twat was ever fit!

Aye I loved that. After trying to stop himself picking up cards there seems to have been a bit fire lost from him. He needs some of that back imo.

I reckon it'll take him a while, swinging back and forth between the poles, before he can run the same kind of line as Bellamy/Shearer; barely controlled aggression. :D

i'd take Townsend on loan until the end of the season. He'll be desperate to play well to give him a chance to get to the Euros.

West Brom and ... somebody else also looking to take him on loan. Sky Sports reporting that he doesn't want to be a makeweight in any deal, which might mean Spurs' approach for Berahino is scuppered.

Doesn't Townsend (on the rare occasions he actually plays) play on the right so he can cut in on his left and attempt a (usually) ridiculous shot from distance? Personally I think he's shite and would be far less impressed with signing him than I am with signing Shelvey.

Doesn't Townsend (on the rare occasions he actually plays) play on the right so he can cut in on his left and attempt a (usually) ridiculous shot from distance? Personally I think he's shite and would be far less impressed with signing him than I am with signing Shelvey.

Yeah he's predominantly featured on the right flank, where he Duff's his way through 90 minutes.