Watford v Newcastle

Christmas Tree

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: We love giving teams like that a hand. If we had won both games we'd be above Watford by a point, just shows how important it is to win the games we keep fucking losing. We played really well against Man Utd and struggled to draw, if we had played like that we'd have comfortably beaten this shit Watford team.

i'm not as bothered that we've got some tough opponents coming up though. they'e the ones we usually raise our game for.

it's going to be another nervous finish to the season if we keep this up. i can see it going to the last few games if things don't change asap

Edited by Dr Gloom

The only saving grace is that the bottom end of the league is so shite this season. Swansea, Norwich and Bournemouth are all as hopelessly inconsistent as us. Our run in is as good as anyone's and there's 3 or 4 six pointers in there. If we can buy a fucking striker we might be alright

ECCFBE75-5D5F-4DD7-8D04-8382845D2652_zps

The only saving grace is that the bottom end of the league is so shite this season. Swansea, Norwich and Bournemouth are all as hopelessly inconsistent as us. Our run in is as good as anyone's and there's 3 or 4 six pointers in there. If we can buy a fucking striker we might be alright

ECCFBE75-5D5F-4DD7-8D04-8382845D2652_zps

My biggest worry is we have tended to be shite in the 6 pointer type games so far, which gives points to those around us

Wijnaldum was nowhere near as good as he was last week, perhaps position played a part.

Sissoko is a force to be reckoned with but he keeps losing the ball one way or another in his surges.

Mitrovic is not only NOT living up to expectations, he's getting worse.

Mbemba was struggling a bit, probably because he was out of his normal position on the right,, and playing in a back three.

Colo was mint again but you could see his frustration growing.

Elliot did well and kept the score down, could have been a bigger defeat.

Shelvey wasn't so good as last week but maybe he didn't have the ball often enough.

Janmaat had a decent game.

Saivet, not sure about his worth, but maybe not in the right position.

Aarons, was surprised to see him starting and Perez not.

I thought we were tremendous," McClaren told Sky Sports. "Great attitude, effort and we controlled the game. We worked and created chances but winning football matches is about what you do in both boxes, and unfortunately we conceded two and didn't do enough in the other.

I thought we were tremendous," McClaren told Sky Sports. "Great attitude, effort and we controlled the game. We worked and created chances but winning football matches is about what you do in both boxes, and unfortunately we conceded two and didn't do enough in the other.

Where has he said that? It's entirely different from what he said in his Sky Sports interview.

He also mentioned Riviere as a potential solution to our scoring problems. I'm not too sure which comment is more outrageous.

McClaren is spouting rubbish like other puppeteers we've had. How in the world can he spout we were tremendous after losing to Watford .....again!!

When he spouted we controlled the game he must have had a few Broons' at halftime.

The loss can be attributed to the lack of our scoring, lack of a functioning striker who can score, and the lack of a manager who can't see beyond the end of his nose.

Starting with 3 central defenders, dropping Perez, bringing Gouffran in, was sheer stupididy. Seems to me there must be someone playing left-back for the reserves who could have maybe been worth a try at filling in for Dummett,, Mbabu,, and Haidara, rather than change the formation the way he did.

In retrospect, with Taylor being on the bench therefore being somewhat fit, McClaren could have started him at left back for openers. Out of position of course but what's new about that?

Starting team could have been;

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Taylor

Shelvey Saivet

Sissoko Gini Perez

Mitrovic