Stoke City V Newcastle United

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all we're playing shit away from home, we've still as many points as sunderland and Norwich, with a game in hand. Says to me they're slightly shitter and that could well be enough to keep us up.

We were defensively a lot better last night. The lads worked hard, they tried to defend as a team. McClaren tried to make us hard to beat and he was correct in doing so it's just a real shame it's taken us all season to realise how to actually play an away game. Especially when we got 0-0 at old Trafford at the start of the season

A lot of people say we are poor defensively but have some good attacking players but last the lack of quality was embarrassing. The movement when we had the ball was non existent, Janmaat is the only one in the team that tried to make a run and makes things happen. Mitrovic was poor kept giving the ball away and barely held the ball up either

We just have a ridiculously chucked together squad, it's not a team it's just a bunch of players.

Edited by gpirlo68

Isn't our game in hand against Man city anyway? May as well write that one off

Swansea didn't write off their game at Arsenal.

Haven't we also performed well against the "big" clubs? Mainly because our gutless mercenaries want to get the attention of those clubs.

For all we're playing shit away from home, we've still as many points as sunderland and Norwich, with a game in hand. Says to me they're slightly shitter and that could well be enough to keep us up.

As a %-age though?

About 4 games ago I was told don't worry about Swansea they've thrown the towel in. I've watched a couple of their games & they're far from finished. It's a shame our lot haven't the same attitude.

Isn't our game in hand against Man city anyway? May as well write that one off

They were beyond shit last night, it's definitely a game the mercenaries will be up for, so who knows?

It's much more about the people responsible for appointing him not wanting to admit they were wrong I. Case they get the bullet. The selfish, spineless and, most if all, incompetent cunts.

Pretty much my feelings on it. Charnley would have broken his own arm patting himself on the back that he got "his man" without paying a penny in compo as well as staying in the league. Strutting about making finger guns at people. Now it's gone to shit he's a deer in the headlights. Gamble that we'll magically do a 180, when nothing this season points to us doing that, or does he go cap in hand to Big Mike and admit be shat the bed.

2014/15 Position 11 P27 W 9 D8 L10 GF32 GA 42 GD -10 PTS 35

2015/16 Position 19 P27 W6 D6 L15 GF27 GA 50 GD -23 PTS 24

As you can see we're well short of last year's totals & we know how close it ended up

2014/15 Position 11 P27 W 9 D8 L10 GF32 GA 42 GD -10 PTS 35

2015/16 Position 19 P27 W6 D6 L15 GF27 GA 50 GD -23 PTS 24

As you can see we're well short of last year's totals & we know how close it ended up

Pointless comparison. McClaren is hopeless but he's not Carver.

They were beyond shit last night, it's definitely a game the mercenaries will be up for, so who knows?

There's always blind hope. That's what I'm clinging to. Fuck knows why else I waste so much time watching the spineless cunts

Neither managed to average over a point a game. Even raising his record to that level would see us relegated.

Presumably only if sunderland and Norwich both raise their own though? And we have a game in hand. And arguably the easiest run in, especially at home? We play both these teams, and that will decide our fate imo.

Sunderland's ppg is better than ours from the day allardyce was appointed and since the January window. They're better than us atm

Or their 'form' to use a more common term ;) is better. Which is at least as (if not more) relevant than ppg over the course of a season, when we're so close to them in the table.

Edited by Alex