Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

5 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Fish you've undone months of careful football posting in two days. :(

Benny is one of the best managers in the world easily.

How many "World Class" managers are there? 5? 10? 20?

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Until Guardiola manages a club of our level and wins something with them, I'm not prepared to call him world class :lol:

Is any manager world class? There's an elite group at the top who are, in effect, born into management with a silver spoon in their mouths. Zidane is another.

Mourinho you could make a good case for, I suppose.

There are some who are given a chance they haven't earned (Guardiola, Zidane, etc.) but they'd sharp be jettisoned if they weren't up to the task. 

But this is essentially pointless as there isn't a definition of a world class manager that we will all agree on.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I know, what the fuck are you on about, Fish? :lol: There isn't even a synonym for "lucky" strong enough to describe how we are to have him. Handling the upheaval of last summer and getting us up first time of asking was a pretty massive task when you look back on it, even if he did rustle up money to spend on Gayle and Ritchie. You'd have to be pretty spot on to pull that off and that's just for starters 

I think you're confusing me saying "I don't think he's world class" with me saying "I don't think he's very good".

World class is such a bollocks bracket anyway.

Every premier league player is better than 99% + of other people who play football in the world they're all world class.

Every international player is one of the best 30 from their entire country they're world class.

Management is even worse, Zidane has been able to handle a dressing room filled with an absurdly elite level of player but could he coach Burnley as well as Sean Dyche? probably not tbh.

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

World class is such a bollocks bracket anyway.

Every premier league player is better than 99% + of other people who play football in the world they're all world class.

Every international player is one of the best 30 from their entire country they're world class.

Management is even worse, Zidane has been able to handle a dressing room filled with an absurdly elite level of player but could he coach Burnley as well as Sean Dyche? probably not tbh.

:aye:

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you're not digging yourself out of this hole that easily, fish. 

All right, who're your World Class managers?

4 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Sounds like Fish has been discussing football with his ''Girlfriend''.

Sounds like I've made a perfectly reasonable statement and you're all precious, argumentative winnets.

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sounds like I've made a perfectly reasonable statement and you're all precious, argumentative winnets.

You've just moderated your views over time to make them palatable to RTG. It's a self preservation mechanism IMO. You want to wax lyrical about Rafa as much as we do, but once you do it's a slippery slope to being banned on RTG for an expletive fuelled truth bombing rant :D

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You've just moderated your views over time to make them palatable to RTG. It's a self preservation mechanism IMO. You want to wax lyrical about Rafa as much as we do, but once you do it's a slippery slope to being banned on RTG for an expletive fuelled truth bombing rant :D

I do wax lyrical about Benitez, I think he's fucking amazing, I probably share the same excitement as everyone else, the only thing I don't do is give him a label.

I went on a rant on my podcast because one of the lads was asking if he was the right man for us before it was confirmed. But fail to call him World Class and you lot lose your collective shit. :lol:

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

He's used ornery on rtg this morning too. #wordoftheday

I use the words that are appropriate, dickhead.

;)

Just now, Rayvin said:

:lol:

Quiff definitely has your number like, Fish ;)

The only two numbers on that lads phone is his mam and the Kid Rock Fan Phoneline.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I do wax lyrical about Benitez, I think he's fucking amazing, I probably share the same excitement as everyone else, the only thing I don't do is give him a label.

I went on a rant on my podcast because one of the lads was asking if he was the right man for us before it was confirmed. But fail to call him World Class and you lot lose your collective shit. :lol:

It's not that for me actually, it's just that I read the pages on there where you were trying to make cogent arguments and just despaired for them in general. It's absolutely pointless man - they know you're right. They do. It's obvious. But you're never, ever going to get them to admit it, which is why I likened it to a forum full of Wolfys earlier. The levels of delusion on there surpass RAWK, and that's saying something.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You've been spending to much time on RTG marra