Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

I'm clearly not a proper supporter, I've only seen us play in the flesh once and I've just been in it for the immense numbers of trophies we've won over the last 20 odd years. Now that the well has dried up I'm going to move on to the next big club, anyone know any Middlesbrough songs?

1 hour ago, OTF said:

I'm clearly not a proper supporter, I've only seen us play in the flesh once and I've just been in it for the immense numbers of trophies we've won over the last 20 odd years. Now that the well has dried up I'm going to move on to the next big club, anyone know any Middlesbrough songs?

Absolutely 100% incorrect in what I'm saying.

Read back to what I said and you'll understand this.

12 hours ago, trooper said:

I do support the club i dont support the person who owns & i havent just decided not to go i haven't been to SJP since he owned it if you read what i wrote you really are a 24 carat pilliock.

You say you haven't been to St.James' Park since he owned it.

Considering he started off looking the business, then what made you stop going at that particular time?

Someone who stops going to the match on principle will likely still be checking scores, watching streams, reading stories and so on. Attendance does not necessarily equate with love of the club, or with being a fan, in fact it's an "all thumbs are fingers" kind of deal.

Trooper loves the club unconditionally, he attends conditionally. 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Someone who stops going to the match on principle will likely still be checking scores, watching streams, reading stories and so on. Attendance does not necessarily equate with love of the club, or with being a fan, in fact it's an "all thumbs are fingers" kind of deal.

Trooper loves the club unconditionally, he attends conditionally. 

He doesn't love the club unconditionally. It's clear that his attaches conditions to his love for the club. He obviously loves the club and is a Newcastle United fan and supporter, but he's doing it with conditions attached, which is my whole point.

It doesn't make a person a bad person by taking any stance against the club they support. That's not my point.

Trooper is not an unconditional supporter. There are many like him and not just with Newcastle United. All sports or whatever.

Saying you won't go to a game because of an owner that's been at the club for a decade and then claiming an argument that you are an unconditional supporter, is nonsense.

If Ashley packs up tomorrow and in walks a new owner who promises the Earth or simply makes funds available at the start, I assume Trooper returns to the ground to cheer on the team, even though that team would be the exact same team on that pitch as when Ashley was the owner, until transfer windows dictate otherwise.

Now let's assume the new owner promises a 100 million spend and then delivers 10 million plus another 10 or 20 million from surplus player sales.

Benitez walks away in disgust at being lied to, or whatever.

Does Trooper revert back to his stance  until the new owner gets out of the club?

By all means lay conditions down if that's the way you are but you lose the right to say you're an unconditional supporter and/or a thick and thin fan.

That goes for any of us that attaches conditions to it.

Do you?

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

For a man that supposedly questions everything it's quite ironic that he promotes unconditional attendance.

Nothing wrong with questioning everything.

Question Ashley and every person at the club if people wish.

That's irrelevant to what I'm saying.

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

By Wolfy's definition I've been a plastic fan in the past and may be again. If it was anyone other than Wolfy I'd get a bit miffed and put him right but it's Wolfy so fuck that. Carry on. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Basically, aye