Yes Gemmill...

catmag

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fair point, although I guess now the queen is not their boss in any sense. Will they be as willing to tell themselves this lie for Charles? 

How can you respect a man that needs someone to give him a hand to get dressed in the morning? :cuppa:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's not woke, though. 

Didn't 'woke' begin as a term used by POC to label anyone aware of the issues that they're facing? It's since been bastardised by the right to as a replacement for Do-Gooders/Political Correctness/Health and Safety gone mad. Basically used to denigrate anyone with an overt social conscience?

There's been woke and then there's doing something in the fear of not being woke.  I.e cancelling a fucking Guinea Pig Awareness week in the fear of backlash from utter nut jobs who somehow connect it to the Queen.

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How can you respect a man that needs someone to give him a hand to get dressed in the morning? :cuppa:

Bit hypocritical given you wanted Stephen Hawking to be head of state 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There's been woke and then there's doing something in the fear of not being woke.  I.e cancelling a fucking Guinea Pig Awareness week in the fear of backlash from utter nut jobs who somehow connect it to the Queen.

'Woke' is defined as being alert to racial prejudice and discrimination. This is neither 'woke', nor 'positive-woke'. Batshit crazy behaviour yes, but not 'woke'. :smile:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I don't think that's the rationale mate. I don't think it's been cancelled to avoid a widespread backlash, I think it's been cancelled for the same reason businesses up and down the country have announced their offices are closed. Because we live in a constitutional democracy.

Whatever it is, it's not 'woke'. 

I'll be at the game on Saturday, I'll of course respect the minutes silence, why wouldn't I? However, if they play the Royal Tribute theme ('22 Charles remix) straight afterwards I'm fucked if I'll be joining in. I just hope there's no help for heroes twat next to me who objects as I'll not be in the mood to listen to their shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Seems like a completely proportionate use of time and resources so people can catch a glimpse of a wooden box draped in canvas. 

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

They reckon the queues could be up to 30 hours long. Even the lads off Stand By Me weren't that desperate to see a dead body. It would be a fitting tribute if some people died queueing to see a dead person. 

I hope there's some decent scraps break out. People pissing in bottles cos they don't want to lose their place. Just the normal stuff you've got to do when you want to see a dead body. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They reckon the queues could be up to 30 hours long. Even the lads off Stand By Me weren't that desperate to see a dead body. It would be a fitting tribute if some people died queueing to see a dead person. 

I hope there's some decent scraps break out. People pissing in bottles cos they don't want to lose their place. Just the normal stuff you've got to do when you want to see a dead body. 

You're not allowed to bring any creature comforts like foldable chairs either. I hope it pisses down personally, but then I'm a cunt. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was just thinking, given the number of aging digestive tracts in that queue, it’s going to be fucking lifting. :lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

'Woke' is defined as being alert to racial prejudice and discrimination. This is neither 'woke', nor 'positive-woke'. Batshit crazy behaviour yes, but not 'woke'. :smile:

It’s the gammon redefinition of ‘woke’ 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If anyone doesn’t fancy standing in a moving stream of rancid piss, the BBC are spending time and resources on a live stream of a wooden box. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62900500

If it's live streamed there'll be a good "I'm next to the box AND I'M GRIEVING" competition develops. I'm looking for someone to top the "DIANA!" shriek. 

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...