Euro 2016 - They're even letting Wales and Northern Ireland have a Go!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what the fuck Roy thought he was doing changing 6 players, that and a lack of a Plan B fucked us last night.

resting them since we were pretty much guaranteed to go through and there was no need to have them all play 3 games in 9 days after a long season.

:lol:

Our fanbase is one of the most apathetic I've ever seen in terms of international support. It'd hardly Real Madrid esque.

We'll go out to France in the QF I reckon, and by England's standards that will have been a good tournament. Will it make me any more excited about the England team personally? Nope.

I'm more excited about Wales tbh.

I think he'll have looked at group F and not been that arsed about finishing 2nd, we also get an extra couple of days rest and preparation as well. Oir fanbase in the international equivalent of Real Madrid fans sometimes.

The games on that side of the draw get remarkably harder after the last 16 though.

:lol:

Our fanbase is one of the most apathetic I've ever seen in terms of international support. It'd hardly Real Madrid esque.

We'll go out to France in the QF I reckon, and by England's standards that will have been a good tournament. Will it make me any more excited about the England team personally? Nope.

I'm more excited about Wales tbh.

Wales could potentially get N. Ireland then Belguim (who they beat in qualifying). Real chance of reaching semis.

Jack Wilshere's game by numbers:

8 misplaced passes

1 tackle won

0 chances created

0 interceptions

0 shots

Passes made overall? Completion?

When you only list what people have done badly, they look bad.

Think taking Milner and Henderson was dafter tbh. Should've taken Drinkwater instead of one of those. Wilshere has ability even though I think Rooney should've started last night. Find it perplexing that Barkley went too as he's done fuck all this season and Rooney is playing in midfield anyway. To have both him and Sterling in ahead of Townsend looks like an error now.

Think taking Milner and Henderson was dafter tbh. Should've taken Drinkwater instead of one of those. Wilshere has ability even though I think Rooney should've started last night. Find it perplexing that Barkley went too as he's done fuck all this season and Rooney is playing in midfield anyway. To have both him and Sterling in ahead of Townsend looks like an error now.

Not to mention four strikers who are all fairly similar. Needed a big fucker in there last night because Skrtel was winning everything.

Carroll? I'd have taken Townsend - a class direct option off the bench. And Defoe. We could have used a composed finisher like him last night. Slightly lacking a fox in the box. Vardy's pace isn't as much of a threat when teams defend so deeply.

I know people bang on about not caring about the England team but I get sucked in every time. Can't help myself. Particularly this year as we have a crop of decent attacking players with potential. I think we'd go a lot further with a different coach, possibly as far as the semis. Roy will do well to get us the the QF now after making a mess of what was a pretty easy group.

Edited by Dr Gloom

If the complaint is that we can't break down shit team that sit back against us then this is good?

Good in the sense that you'll need to think up a new excuse.

Turkeys win last night means Norn Iron qualify as one of the best 3rd place teams with the three points they got for beating Ukraine. Which must mean that if the Republic beat Italy later they'll be through too with four points.....over to you Marty :good:

Disappointing to see so many Union Jacks and statements of loyalty on flags last night. We're still a long way from having a team that both sides of the community can fully support.