Euro 2016 - They're even letting Wales and Northern Ireland have a Go!

it's like 5 or 6 games till the next game though. why rest players? they're professional atheletes. that's more than enough recovery time between games. we were going well, there's a danger now we put in a disjointed performance tonight with so many changes. priority should be winning the group at all costs and securing the easier fixture in the next round.

I'd prefer to play my strongest side in every game, but when 2 of them are playing poorly, and two of them are expected to run for 90 as part of their role, it certainly makes sense to me to replace and rest them respectively. The only changes I'd say are unnecessary are Rooney/Henderson and Sturridge for Ali.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson isn't international class. He over hits or under hits every bastard ball

With his passing and Wilshere getting caught in possession, fair to say Roy's midfield shuffle hasn't worked.

Fair play to Wales. Finishing off the shite in the group we should have beat. England useless at breaking down teams defending deep. Hopefully Portugal or whoever we get in the next round will come at us more so Vardy can get in behind. He was nullified tonight

To be fair to England every team we played went for the draw, Wales played a back 5 with 2 DM's, Russia were very defensive and Slovakia had no intention of trying to play today. I agree that England should have enough about them to score past shit like Slovakia but it's frustrating playing these teams that have no intention of trying.

Roy fucked about too much with the team as well, the bloke is a shit manager tbh and should have been sacked after the 2014 World Cup. Hopefully we end up playing Iceland rather than Portugal, although Portugal have looked fucking hopeless.

It's backfired as well because now we potentially face Portugal next round instead of Northern Ireland or someone then France in the quarter finals. Could and should have been a much easier route. Clearly have the best players in the group so a failure by the manager really for us not to top it.

Yeah, the buck stops at the top but I think we've also been very unlucky.

All teams we've played have been 11 men on the edge of the box and just defending for their lives. Bar a freak goal by Russia we'd have been through.

Thing is though, we can't break down shit teams who try to defend, and as soon as we come up against a good team that tries to attack we're gonna get beat. That is a sorry write-up. [emoji38]

I think we have the tools to exploit teams on the break more than 11 behind the ball.

With Dier holding and Walker and Rose pushing up we'll give the better teams much more of a game. We'll end up going out on penalties of course though.

Edited by Holden McGroin