Rio Summer Olympics 2016 - Surviving is the Real Medal

Ayatollah Hermione

Trott is ridiculous.

Obviously anything can happen re: crashes etc. but she looks so far ahead of the rest of them. Makes it look so easy.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any vague sense of how many more medals we're likely to pick up? Trott looks certain to be one at least, but this looks like a really good year for GB in sport. It's really nice to see.

You mean because of Scottish independence? Yeah I guess it might be. Although I'm not sure if I see indyref 2 coming in the next 4 years. It could though, I suppose.

Good way to bow out if so.

I think he was trying to get away, but was nervous about not getting any medal at all. He was the best sprinter there so was gonna be heavily marked, but sometimes no guts, no glory.

Is he though? He ducked out of contesting a few of the sprints and didn't win as many he contested as I thought he would

Is he though? He ducked out of contesting a few of the sprints and didn't win as many he contested as I thought he would

Aye

When he went on a full sprint nobody could go with him, even Viviani.  He was only really full bore on one of the sprints.  He was trying not to burn all his matches which was wise.  Then when he realised his only way of beating Viviani was to gain a lap he settled for silver.

I saw that but thought against posting it :lol:  Apparently the top 50 are all doped.  Apart from Usain of course.

He's not broke the world record since 2009....meanwhile Jamaican sprinters have been regularly failing drug tests...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/24900565

And Nesta Carter failed a retro test from the 2008 games..

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jun/02/jamaican-athlete-drugs-ioc

He's possibly been clean since 2009 as he's so dominant but to run 9.58 then and to not really get within two tenths if it since looks a bit on the suspicious side to me...