Hippo Heed appointed Engerland manager

Geordie1973

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the eulogies on the radio this morning make me think he chose the wrong career and, in fact, should be leading us out of Europe and onward to colonising Mars, accessing zero point energy and touching the face of God.

Funniest thing ive heard all day :jonas:

agree with most comments if this the best the fa can offer than its a sad day. who else though allafarce is better than bruce ... moyes??

simple fact is we don't have the talent or they wouldn't want it due to the media bllocks jobs a poison chalice until that's sorted

Moyes would be no good for England, he needs a small time club to get back into the swing of things.

Pardew has to be kicking himself for ruling this out. He'll be sacked by Christmas anyway, and he actually is better than Allardyce :lol:

This is quite the hilarious appointment. He's fucking gash as we all know. Precious little for him to lose from this appointment also, he gets to skip out of Sunderland a hero with them set to see out their inevitable relegation.

The only reason the mackems think he's amazing is because we were relegated. It hinges pretty much on that.

If Rafa was appointed in October had a transfer window etc and we only just finished 17th I'd have thought he'd done a poor job tbh

I think the only teams they outperformed over that period were the 3 that went down. Also, when you consider Everton basically hoyed the towel in against them I don't think he did the job the media have suggested. He did a decent job though.

Edited by Alex

I think the only teams they outperformed over that period were the 3 that went down. Also, when you consider Everton basically hoyed the towel in against them I don't think he did the job the media have suggested. He did a decent job though.

I wouldn't go that far like.

"Dan Ashworth, David Gill and I have carried out a thorough process in the last three weeks and ultimately we could not look beyond Sam as the ideal candidate.”

I know I'm biased as I completely disagree with this decision but there's absolutely no way they carried out a thorough process if all they managed to do was interview Bruce or Allardyce.

The mandate was clearly to appoint an Englishman as if they'd have looked elsewhere there has to have been a better candidate out there.

"Allardyce arrives with a proven track record of getting the best results out of the teams he has managed and a strong reputation as a forward-thinker with progressive ideas."

Yet he also creates a massive glass ceiling wherever he goes.

"Allardyce is also charged with helping [technical director Dan] Ashworth integrate and strengthen the FA’s elite performance and coaching programme across the England senior and development teams at St. George’s Park."

Oh that'll be good for the future of our national game.

Remember when Allardyce implemented all the sports science here and then Keegan came in, made the players play 5-a-side and they said they felt 10x fitter? :lol: I mean, that's a while ago now but I can't imagine he's changed his approach too much, the stubborn twat