Hippo Heed appointed Engerland manager

Geordie1973

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if he was a club manager he could get away with this, but as the international manager he should surely be setting the standard so I don't see how he can continue in the position.  I agree it will be far funnier seeing him sacked for something like this than for being the utter fraud of a manager that he is.  Even if it does make it likely that Bruce or Pardew would replace him.

I think if he was a club manager he could get away with this, but as the international manager he should surely be setting the standard so I don't see how he can continue in the position. I agree it will be far funnier seeing him sacked for something like this than for being the utter fraud of a manager that he is. Even if it does make it likely that Bruce or Pardew would replace him.

Bruce was their second choice wasn't he :lol:

Unbelievable that he'd jeopardise himself in this way like. If you think about it, it actually is unbelievable. A month into the job and getting involved in dodgy backroom deals. The man must think he's bulletproof.

And I guess we're about to find out if he is.

Unbelievable that he'd jeopardise himself in this way like. If you think about it, it actually is unbelievable. A month into the job and getting involved in dodgy backroom deals. The man must think he's bulletproof.

And I guess we're about to find out if he is.

He's managed to get the England job after being fucking shite for years.  You can understand why he might think he is bulletproof.

Aye, fucking ridiculous isn't it.

You're not wrong. He wouldn't get a look in at a mid table premier league club let alone a big one. And yet the fact he's English somehow means he's qualified to manage the national side. Farce-tastic

Our best recent achievements have come under foreign managers. We've grossly underperformed with English ones since Hoddle. Don't get why English was criteria

It can only have been about continuing to lower expectations. I think on that basis, Allardyce has done a fucking marvellous job. The next England manager just has to be vaguely competent and not corrupt.

Which rules out a lot of them tbf...

It's surely going to be Pardew, he had a ropey end to the season and is currently in a patch of good form, so he knows the Palace fans will be quick to be on his back when he goes through another rough patch. 

The Telegraph has started publishing more. Apparently BSA has also called HMRC the most corrupt business [sic] in the UK. In fairness that's just an opinion but as a PR thing, it's pretty interesting. I reckon the Telegraph is trying to get him sacked here like, they'll keep publishing while this 'meeting' goes on.

Telegraph is running stories all week on managers. Apparently according to SSN they have another 8 managers, 6 of them English and 2 former international managers who they have stung. The FA might have a bigger problem in filling the position of it includes any other candidates.