Fulham vs Newcastle at Craven Cottage

Andrew

Prediction  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Taylor did get some appearances iirc, he come out dressed in what looked to be compression gear to hold his kite in. Did a fair bit of pointing and yelling.

It was actually that waistcoat he wore than time on Sky.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Shola and he is a bit of a cult figure, but that cult status had people tearing their hair out. Seemed like they felt any support for the gangly legged moron was a tacit acceptance of lower standards?

I've seen worse strikers at NUFC than shola, seen lots better as well. :lol:

He should've been peddled long before he was although he did look promising early on even then it was never going to be to the standard that had been set by the strikers around the club at the time.

I've seen worse strikers at NUFC than shola, seen lots better as well. :lol:

He should've been peddled long before he was although he did look promising early on even then it was never going to be to the standard that had been set by the strikers around the club at the time.

Felt he really only became a reliable player when he was too knackered to even lope around the pitch and played as a fairly immobile target man. Should have bulked up when he was a bairn and played as a static pivot for players to run off.

Where were you sat?

If you were there when we were I think you'd have noticed us, we were there around 6ish but got on the train around 2ish, so we were a tiny bit beyond the stage of sitting quietly supping a pint... I did have a good look round but didn't think you were there tbh. There was 5 or 6 of us sat at the table right across from the door to the bar.. We saw a lad smack his head off the door frame as he came through the door, were you with him? Or were you the lad with the bucket hat in the colours of the Spanish flag on a push bike?...

If you were there when we were I think you'd have noticed us, we were there around 6ish but got on the train around 2ish, so we were a tiny bit beyond the stage of sitting quietly supping a pint... I did have a good look round but didn't think you were there tbh. There was 5 or 6 of us sat at the table right across from the door to the bar.. We saw a lad smack his head off the door frame as he came through the door, were you with him? Or were you the lad with the bucket hat in the colours of the Spanish flag on a push bike?...

I'm your huckleberry :lol:

Ooops! :lol:

Good beardage Dave :good:

Ta, 

Were you with the lads who pointed out that having the "Mind your Head" sign on the outside was a fucking pisstake? Hope the pub was up to scratch, shame about the football. We tried to go there after, but the Geordies had drank them dry by the time we got back :lol:

Ta, 

Were you with the lads who pointed out that having the "Mind your Head" sign on the outside was a fucking pisstake? Hope the pub was up to scratch, shame about the football. We tried to go there after, but the Geordies had drank them dry by the time we got back :lol:

Yeah that was us, nice little boozer tbh, but they'd run out of gas for draught lager, possibly in 1997 :D

A couple of us went straight to Putney/Clapham for the first available train to Bournemouth, some stayed in Fulham for a pint and got back to Southampton at 0330, and one lad who flew down from Newcastle and was staying with one of the Southampton lads lost everyone, missed the correct Southampton stop and ended up on a strangers couch in Boscombe, which is like a south coast Byker :lol:

Yeah that was us, nice little boozer tbh, but they'd run out of gas for draught lager, possibly in 1997 :D

A couple of us went straight to Putney/Clapham for the first available train to Bournemouth, some stayed in Fulham for a pint and got back to Southampton at 0330, and one lad who flew down from Newcastle and was staying with one of the Southampton lads lost everyone, missed the correct Southampton stop and ended up on a strangers couch in Boscombe, which is like a south coast Byker :lol:

:lol: That's a proper away day. I finished on a half day, met for a pint at Blackfriars then had a couple of over-priced Peronis on a lovely boat ride down to Putney, couple of pints in the Bricklayers, match, another pint, then Uber back to Clapham and a slice of pizza by the common. Far too straightforward, sensible and boring :(

my night didn't turn out brilliantly. got to the 8 bells at about 6.20 and it was one in one out so had a can with the lads on the street corner. haven't done that since i was about 14. and even then the queue in the offy took about 10 minutes. got to the ground with out enough time to get a tepid pint of £5 carling before kick off. watched a shower of shite first 40 minuted before nipping out to get a half time round in, so missed their goal. queued until 5 minutes after the second half - finally got to the front of the queue and was told they'd stopped serving booze. got back to stand. couldn't get to where my mates were standing so watched the second half on me tod. tried to have a pint in the 8 bells on the way home and it was shut and all the other pubs in the area had massive queues to get in so got the tube home in a huff. massive fail of an evening all round, basically. 

my night didn't turn out brilliantly. got to the 8 bells at about 6.20 and it was one in one out so had a can with the lads on the street corner. haven't done that since i was about 14. and even then the queue in the offy took about 10 minutes. got to the ground with out enough time to get a tepid pint of £5 carling before kick off. watched a shower of shite first 40 minuted before nipping out to get a half time round in, so missed their goal. queued until 5 minutes after the second half - finally got to the front of the queue and was told they'd stopped serving booze. got back to stand. couldn't get to where my mates were standing so watched the second half on me tod. tried to have a pint in the 8 bells on the way home and it was shut and all the other pubs in the area had massive queues to get in so got the tube home in a huff. massive fail of an evening all round, basically. 

:lol: 

Mind, you're a silly fucker trying to get into the 8 Bells on a matchday.

Yeah you shoulda been out on a boat with the Fish :lol:

I'm picturing something Lonely Island esque when I imagine that...

That was referenced a few times, I'm not gonna lie.

But honestly, it's a pretty nice way to get to a match and I think I insisted that I'd only attend future away trips that I could get to by boat.

I hope you were wearing a straw boater Fish.

and chino shorts, light shirt and espadrilles... think Jude Law in the Talented Mr Ripley.