Fulham vs Newcastle at Craven Cottage

Andrew

Prediction  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well what a parcel of fuckin shit that was :lol:

Their goal was predictably from a set piece, we let lots in pre season like that. Bit toothless up front too, I think there was a slight change straight after half time where Anita and Ritchie swapped sides and we had a big of pressure but Fulham soon snuffed all that out, looked like Jokanovich knew more tha Rafa last night. Thought Hayden had some good touches but faded, as did Gayle and Perez, who for all his apparent talent is becoming a bit of a red herring. Early days though.

Went to Bricklayers Arms for the big TT meet up but @@The Fish failed to show up.....or if he was one of the dreary looking locals loafing around the beer garden then I wouldn't have wanted to talk to him anyway :D

Edited by PaddockLad

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a longstanding supporter of this club makes me actually fear this game. Why? All the positivity, the Rafa feel good factor, large away support, new signings, on the box, first game of the season. It's all there to go tits up and leave us with egg on our faces. :lol:

I remember going to Everton in 1988 for my first away trip in a similar positive mood and us getting wopped 4-0. Also remember playing big spending Leeds at home a year later on the opening day expecting a beating and seeing a big away support from Yorkshire take the piss at a disillusioned home crowd only to see Mickey Quinn do the piss taking instead. Wouldn't be surprised if the result isn't amazing, maybe a tight win at best but like Leeds going on to win the league. Not being a pessimist, just being a Newcastle United fan with memories of too many kicks in the knackers. :D

:lol:

This is what this club is about.

Rafa

"I'm really disappointed because we did not play at the level we expected. We did not win the ball too much in the second ball and were not keeping the ball properly. We were not concentrating. This game could be a wake-up call for everyone.

"The only positive is it is the beginning of the season and we can wake up. At least everyone has to realise it has to be like this for the rest of the season.

"We didn't play at the level we want to play and have to play if you want to score goals and win games. You have to be much better. We have to realise this is a tough competition and we have to be much better."

Went to Bricklayers Arms for the big TT meet up but @@The Fish failed to show up.....or if he was one of the dreary looking locals loafing around the beer garden then I wouldn't have wanted to talk to him anyway :D

We were sitting in the beer garden...

Truth be told, the Rafamania, the hype, the new signings, the tunes of glory, all became a miserable bubble bursting display which nigh on broke me heart and left me as sick as a chip.