NUFC v Huddersfield - 13 August @ 3pm

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamez not playing is bizarre imo, if he's not better than Dummett then why the fuck did we get him? and if he is (which he surely must be) then why isn't he playing?

Taking Aarons off for Ritchie while keeping Anita on was baffling too. If Aarons isn't fit enough to play a full 90 with the amount of training/rehabbing etc he has had then I'll be shocked, even if he's not I'd have kept him on and subbed him later for Perez.

Hard to pass much of a comment when your listening and not watching but we really need to get quite a few better players in or were going to struggle this year.

I don't buy the "they need time to gel" line.

I'm not sure why the recruitment seems to have been so poor and we are still relying on a mixture of poor players, unproven players and out of position players to get us back up at the first attempt.

Please spend more money and at least play Tiote and Sisokko until we sell them.

Another weekend tarnished. :(

So I'm now 50:50 on us being promoted. I get that the team 'needs to gel' or whatever, but honestly, I didn't think we'd be losing at home to Huddersfield. We're continuing in much the same vein as we were.

Durrrrr ;)

He's already playing Anita way out of position though so making Gamez switch flanks is less of an ask imo, plus we could have played Perez over Anita if nowt else. They were dogshit picks and Rafa deserves criticism for it, as HF pointed out earlier Pardew and McClaren would have been slaughtered for this type of stuff.

(btw I know that wasn't you saying that Wykikitoon)

Edited by Howay

We've lost so much quality in the team

Mitrovic

Wijnaldum Sissoko Townsend

We are missing these players from the starting 11 and despite the attitudes of these players, they do have quality and we are missing them

We basically replaced Townsend with Vurnon Anita today

Watching that after just 15 mins I was worrying. There's just fuck all about the current mob. I mean fuck all. Two lower league div2 sides have basically been quite content to let us have the ball and on the evidence so far with the personnel available it's been a wise choice. We might be different when mitrovic comes back but that was fucking pitiful. Only Ritchie looked to have a bit of zip. There was literally fuck all about our side. Nothing. I've seen enough teams including lower league NUFC sides to be worried about today and last Friday. There was nothing about them. Nothing. Fulham and Huddersfield were more than happy us having possession for a reason. Some of the players recently lauded were fucking gash including a prematurely promoted captain. I'm no skittish johnny come lately fan but on the evidence of what I've seen so far they're not a patch on 89-90, 92-93 or 09-10.

Watching that after just 15 mins I was worrying. There's just fuck all about the current mob. I mean fuck all. Two lower league div2 sides have basically been quite content to let us have the ball and on the evidence so far with the personnel available it's been a wise choice. We might be different when mitrovic comes back but that was fucking pitiful. Only Ritchie looked to have a bit of zip. There was literally fuck all about our side. Nothing. I've seen enough teams including lower league NUFC sides to be worried about today and last Friday. There was nothing about them. Nothing. Fulham and Huddersfield were more than happy us having possession for a reason. Some of the players recently lauded were fucking gash including a prematurely promoted captain. I'm no skittish johnny come lately fan but on the evidence of what I've seen so far they're not a patch on 89-90, 92-93 or 09-10.

Welcome to my pre season post match thoughts.

We're dooooooomed.

We haven't got enough radgies it's that simple

Aye we have no leadership on the field tbh, our captain is Lascelles ffs and he looks more anxious than anyone else out there. Last time we had Barton, Nolan, Harper etc you can't pick those players out in this side, Shelvey is a waste of space, our CB's are both 22 or so, Janmaat isn't a leader at all, etc. As HMHM put it aye it's early but the signs so far don't point to us coming up, we should have come out raring to go after a full pre-season with a good manager, instead they've come out looking shambolic at the back and completely clueless in attack.

Welcome to my pre season post match thoughts.

We're dooooooomed.

You have to to get a proper look at the players so I may be jumping the gun. Pre-season means fuck all. Two actual league games have you thinking though.

I knew it.  As soon as I got home I opened this site with my eyes closed.  Like WTF?!!   We have opened the season with losses to two teams that were near the bottom of the table last season.

Someone pleases tell me their two goals were off Mbubu's penis or something, please!