Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

ok, fair enough. it can be tempting to post stuff on twitter which hasn't yet been verified. i've just been feeling sick since i watched the video of that russian tank running over a civilian car and this looked like more of the same at first glance, tweeted by a trusted source 

6 hours ago, Ken said:

Is NATO effective? Who supplies the troops on ground?

Genuine question.

I'll answer your strange question. It is so far 100% effective. Nobody has yet tried to invade a NATO country. The people of the countries of NATO supplies the troops for NATO. This is pretty basic stuff Ken. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

ok, fair enough. it can be tempting to post stuff on twitter which hasn't yet been verified. i've just been feeling sick since i watched the video of that russian tank running over a civilian car and this looked like more of the same at first glance, tweeted by a trusted source 

Even without intent, there will be huge civilian casualties. That driver of the tank was a psycho though. 

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'll answer your strange question. It is so far 100% effective. Nobody has yet tried to invade a NATO country. The people of the countries of NATO supplies the troops for NATO. This is pretty basic stuff Ken. 

So let's go further. If Russia choose to invade a NATO country, who provides the troops to defend and repel this?

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

So let's go further. If Russia choose to invade a NATO country, who provides the troops to defend and repel this?

NATO multi national rapid response force. Air power etc. would be in theatre almost immediately.

In these days, no-one gets invaded by surprise, force build ups are monitored etc.

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

How is NATO ineffective?

Where did I state that? I am questioning NATO'S ability to put troops on the ground in the event of an invasion on a member state. Who provides the troops?

8 minutes ago, Ken said:

Where did I state that? I am questioning NATO'S ability to put troops on the ground in the event of an invasion on a member state. Who provides the troops?

:lol:

You asked "Is NATO effective?" which I assumed was a rhetorical question implying it isn't. Otherwise its a question a 5 year old wouldn't need to ask.

Toonpack has answered your question about troops. NATO is an alliance, it's not hard to grasp.

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, Renton said:

:lol:

You asked "Is NATO ineffective?" which I assumed was a rhetorical question implying it isn't. Otherwise its a question a 5 year old wouldn't need to ask.

Toonpack has answered your question about troops. NATO is an alliance, it's not hard to grasp.

Why the need to be all superior about it?

Asking questions is how people learn things they don’t know!

I’m not trying to provoke you either, just saying

• Like 1

I think it depends on what happens after he's killed Zelenskiy.

Will Ukraine continue to function without a government, will it be able to coordinate an effective response? Also, we don't know that his goal is conquest, if it's just regime change then he will have secured an objective as long as he gets a puppet government in place.