Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

Chelsea FC ... the state-owned football club! :lol:

Like Newcastle United ;) 

Nah obviously the government could sell it to responsible custodians. It’s just a case of keeping the money out of that bastards pocket. 

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is why I failed my accountancy exams.

Tbh once you factor in the $1bn payment to Bein Sports to facilitate the deal you aren’t far wrong.

Any current valuation would also need to account for the £500m fee it would take for a rival club to acquire Joelinton 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Craig said:

:doh:

By no means her biggest fan but the tiniest slip up by her and the media are all over it like a cheap suit. 

• Like 1

Meanwhile Liz Truss is given a long leash to start World War III by proposing UK civilians join the Ukrainian forces. Which is actually illegal under British law and has been for about 250 years.

• Like 6

Borussia Dortmund have stripped former chancellor Schröder of his honorary membership because he is refusing to step down from his positions as a board member of Russian companies like Rosneft.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

By no means her biggest fan but the tiniest slip up by her and the media are all over it like a cheap suit. 

Same on both sides to be fair - they're doing the same with Dorries. 

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

Same on both sides to be fair - they're doing the same with Dorries. 

If you think they get equal treatment in general I couldn’t agree less. A canny few on the other side including the PM regularly cause diplomatic incidents with their gaffes / ignorance / arrogance. It’s not remotely on that scale. She’s an irrelevance anyway but she regularly got slaughtered when she was on the shadow cabinet for minor things. In the run up to the last election half the stuff the Tories were putting out were deliberate lies and got less attention/ criticism for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

It’s a bit different when someone’s in government like :lol: 

In a way I suppose. That's said, they're both public figures who let off verbal grenades like they're going out of fashion. 

Personally I think the Tories use Dorries as a diversionary tactic. "Doesn't matter what crap comes out of anyone else's mouth, we've always got Nadine to shift the focus."

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s a bit different when someone’s in government like :lol: 

She doesn’t even influence Labour policy 

Just now, Alex said:

If you think they get equal treatment in general I couldn’t agree less. A canny few on the other side including the PM regularly cause diplomatic incidents with their gaffes / ignorance / arrogance. It’s not remotely on that scale. She’s an irrelevance anyway but she regularly got slaughtered when she was on the shadow cabinet for minor things. In the run up to the last election half the stuff the Tories were putting out were deliberate lies and got less attention/ criticism for it. 

No, I agree with you on this. And yes the fucking Tories were indeed up to that carry on.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

In a way I suppose. That's said, they're both public figures who let off verbal grenades like they're going out of fashion. 

Personally I think the Tories use Dorries as a diversionary tactic. "Doesn't matter what crap comes out of anyone else's mouth, we've always got Nadine to shift the focus."

Wtf is Truss’s role then? Escalate incredibly serious geopolitical crises? 

I mean you have Nadine Dorries as Culture Secretary deciding on the future of Channel 4 who didn't even know that it wasn't in receipt of public funds and Diane Abbott, a Labour backbencher, who had a simple slip of the tongue.

They aren't comparable unless you're a massive racist... Craig.

• Haha 3

A good friend who’s reasonably ranked in the British army hasn’t spoken a word about this entire thing. He was in Ukraine for 6 months last year & evacuated when the number of Russian troops dramatically built up last year. 

He’s normally quite vocal on anything political so I can only assume he’s absolutely shitting himself. :( 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Wtf is Truss’s role then? Escalate incredibly serious geopolitical crises? 

I genuinely don't see her value whatsoever. Again she seems to be a fucking disaster to shift attention away from the utter bunglecunt at the top.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I mean you have Nadine Dorries as Culture Secretary deciding on the future of Channel 4 who didn't even know that it wasn't in receipt of public funds and Diane Abbott, a Labour backbencher, who had a simple slip of the tongue.

Fuck all to do with race. Both are utterly hopeless. IMO of course 😉

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Tbf to Craig, he thought it was a joke already posted ten years ago.

• Haha 3