Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

We are now at a stage where we see pure evil. What has transpired before was evel enough but in pure Russian style we will see reports of indiscriminate killing (already begun) and rape and pillaging.

True Russian evil.

Cheers for the kind words again guys. I'm sort of okay really, yesterday was the end of a chapter and from now I'm going to be proactive in looking after my physical and mental health. But yeah, the matter at hand. I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong. Putin has taken everything further than I imagined possible. Give him an inch and he takes.a mile. I'm increasingly of the opinion now we have to directly support the people of the Ukraine and engage Russia in war. I think we'd have complete air superiority and we could send him packing. If this triggers nuclear conflict, and I agree it probably won't (but of course might), it's a risk we should now take. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Cheers for the kind words again guys. I'm sort of okay really, yesterday was the end of a chapter and from now I'm going to be proactive in looking after my physical and mental health. But yeah, the matter at hand. I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong. Putin has taken everything further than I imagined possible. Give him an inch and he takes.a mile. I'm increasingly of the opinion now we have to directly support the people of the Ukraine and engage Russia in war. I think we'd have complete air superiority and we could send him packing. If this triggers nuclear conflict, and I agree it probably won't (but of course might), it's a risk we should now take. 

i don't think it would have if we'd acted before the invasion, though it could have sparked a new cold war. but now we have a very hot war in europe, we have fewer options.

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

I also feel this way fwiw but I'm also very glad it isn't my decision.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I also feel this way fwiw but I'm also very glad it isn't my decision.

Its too early for that. Way too early.

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

That was my first instinct and despite a bit of a wobble thus week I've come back to the opinion that conflict is inevitable.  Its a massive risk but if we don't oppose him now he's going to attack the NATO protected Baltic states. I still think we should surround his positions in Kallinigrad.  We're not giving him something else to think about, we need to draw his attention away from Ukraine. You need to attack a gangsters loved ones to get his attention...its the only language they understand... 

Lots of Chinese money laundering in Britain too.

My sister worked for a certain cafe in Newcastle and their losses were massive even on a weekly basis, it was entirely used as a visa scam for the Chinese woman “running” it.

Just now, PaddockLad said:

You fuckin convicts can kick their fuckin arses for us Ken. We're going to be a bit busy :cuppa:

Unfortunately not. They are churning out navy ships faster than I can say stop.

The US know this. They will go all out in the Pacific but not in Europe.

Time to get your sailor hat and try to get some support going mate. What is France doing?

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Lots of Chinese money laundering in Britain too.

My sister worked for a certain cafe in Newcastle and their losses were massive even on a weekly basis, it was entirely used as a visa scam for the Chinese woman “running” it.

The Chinese see themselves as the dominant power. Russia us the junior oarsmen because they need money. Russia beg China. That's the world in 2022.

3 minutes ago, Ken said:

Unfortunately not. They are churning out navy ships faster than I can say stop.

The US know this. They will go all out in the Pacific but not in Europe.

Time to get your sailor hat and try to get some support going mate. What is France doing?

Has to be NATO in Europe. That must include the US.  Biden will have to face this soon I think.

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Has to be NATO in Europe. That must include the US.  Biden will have to face this soon I think.

Na sorry. I know you are wrong. Russia's GDP is nothing. 

It is a European problem. If Europe can't sort this out that's Europe's fault.

China are the main problem. America will invest more in this theatre.

Point us America can't be in both a European and Pacific theatre.

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

Na sorry. I know you are wrong. Russia's GDP is nothing. 

It is a European problem. If Europe can't sort this out that's Europe's fault.

China are the main problem. America will invest more in this theatre.

Point us America can't be in both a European and Pacific theatre.

If Putin isn't stopped he dominates the third biggest commercial market/trading bloc on the planet ie the EU. That eventually gets the attention of the US if you ask me...

If China, the US and Russia end up in the same war there'll be nukes flying all over the place - not sure particular theatres will matter at that point.

If it came down to a simultaneous conventional war with both China and Russia then I think Ken is right, the US will focus on China. Not sure that's definitively where we're heading though, not yet at least. Those countries have a lot to lose from that outcome too.

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

If Putin isn't stopped he dominates the third biggest commercial market/trading bloc on the planet ie the EU. That eventually gets the attention of the US if you ask me...

So what is the EU doing about this?

The EU needs to federalise and formerly militarise. But then I've been saying that for years. It cannot survive as a small group of semi co-dependent countries, not in the face of global superpowers being forged. As a properly unified group, it's a force to be reckoned with. As a group of smaller states it's going to be taken apart one at a time.

Ironically, for stuff like Brexit to have stood any chance of working, we needed internationalism and dependency on the markets of other countries to be upheld. Once that goes out of the window, existing as a an independent nation is off the table altogether IMO.

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking lazy do-nowt Aussie sitting on the sidelines shouting the odds. What are YOU doing Kenneth? 

Also what's the frequency. 

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest any European conflict is somehow localised. Ukraine has twice the population of Oz. Russia has more than enough nuclear weapons to throw over to Australia and even New Zealand. China is a fucking huge issue, but for me there's nothing to suggest that Jinping is off his rocker in the same way as Putin is. 

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking lazy do-nowt Aussie sitting on the sidelines shouting the odds. What are YOU doing Kenneth? 

Yeah your govt has done nothing outside of the EU