President Biden

Happy Face

I post links to dozens of stories on here. I value and support a press that leads on facts and truth. I don't see it as a homogenous entity to blame or praise. It is as it has always been, filled with partisan elements on either side that should be corrected regardless of who is in power.

People are open to manipulation, I agree, but particularly when they are frustrated about their own lives, struggling to survive economically after generations of the status quo, angry that the "other" has a job or is draining their taxes or is bombing their son in conflicts around the world.

Blaming Trump for those frustrations that led to him and Bannon manipulating them and making a power grab is not logical, given they're frustrations and resentments that pre-date them. The answer is to push for an alternative that speaks to those frustrations without being tyrannical.

If our only goal is to convince idiots that the "change" they voted for was evil and the Democratic plutocracy that left them frustrated in the first place is their best hope, then we are doomed.

I think you agree. You come across as blazing mad about Labour and their ineffective opposition. I don't know why you are more sanguine about the democrats complete inability to provide any semblance of appeal to rival that of Trump despite his obvious flaws.

Good post, HF

#rayvin

I post links to dozens of stories on here. I value and support a press that leads on facts and truth. I don't see it as a homogenous entity to blame or praise. It is as it has always been, filled with partisan elements on either side that should be corrected regardless of who is in power.

People are open to manipulation, I agree, but particularly when they are frustrated about their own lives, struggling to survive economically after generations of the status quo, angry that the "other" has a job or is draining their taxes or is bombing their son in conflicts around the world.

Blaming Trump for those frustrations that led to him and Bannon manipulating them and making a power grab is not logical, given they're frustrations and resentments that pre-date them. The answer is to push for an alternative that speaks to those frustrations without being tyrannical.

If our only goal is to convince idiots that the "change" they voted for was evil and the Democratic plutocracy that left them frustrated in the first place is their best hope, then we are doomed.

I think you agree. You come across as blazing mad about Labour and their ineffective opposition. I don't know why you are more sanguine about the democrats complete inability to provide any semblance of appeal to rival that of Trump despite his obvious flaws.

A fair post. Obviously I've no direct investment in US politics so take less interest in it. But I did enough research into Clinton to be completely bemused by the shear hatred of her. Unlike you I'm not remotely convinced Sanders would have done better though. That's a parallel universe we never went down so will never know.

I've been personally invested in the labour party and am a public sector worker. I have disabled relatives who need state support and kids who I want to get a good state education. Corbyn's utter incompetence directly affects me, and yes, I am angry about it.

I think a decent centre left leader in this country could be successful and yes, would make a difference (I realise many others disagree here). But to have no opposition with this bunch of shitheads in power is gutting. I guess some people in the US may feel the same about Clinton. Difference is, she's had her shot and I assume is retiring now.

I know it isn't just Trump that does it but using an army widow for applause is a bit wrong imo. Particularly when you've been accused of giving the order to go in without proper intel or preparation.

:lol: Honestly man it's so fucking bizarre. 

I think someone linked it on here the other day but there's an article somewhere about how the other day he went to one of the best steak restaurants in Washington D.C. and he ordered his steak well done and then had a big dollop of tomato ketchup with it :lol:. Stuff like that just sums the bloke up tbh. I'm going to D.C. for a wedding on the 10th, so hopefully he fucks off to Florida for the weekend so he's not out and about in D.C. with the police shutting traffic down. 

:lol: No idea, it was at a restaurant in one of his hotels though. The article I saw had quotes from the waiter who served him but I couldn't find that one so here's one from Vanity Fair having a pop at him:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/trump-hotel-dinner-ethical-mess 

If you scroll to the bottom of that article there is a slide show of pictures of him at his house in Florida over the years. They're fucking fantastic tbh.

Edited by Howay

The best part about that is within a year of that launch Trump Steaks were no longer being sold at Sharper Image, and Sharper Image was filing for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

:lol: Honestly man it's so fucking bizarre. 

I think someone linked it on here the other day but there's an article somewhere about how the other day he went to one of the best steak restaurants in Washington D.C. and he ordered his steak well done and then had a big dollop of tomato ketchup with it :lol:. Stuff like that just sums the bloke up tbh. I'm going to D.C. for a wedding on the 10th, so hopefully he fucks off to Florida for the weekend so he's not out and about in D.C. with the police shutting traffic down. 

Fair enough if it had been Chop brown sauce.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden