President Biden

Happy Face

If Pence isn't involved in any shite he'll be president - see Ford with Nixon. 

If Pence is impeached as well then it'll be Ryan as leader of the house. 

Ryan?? Yikes...

Pence looks too cowardly to be involved in this stuff IMO. It's a shame though, because if an election re-run were a possibility, maybe we could get Sanders. Although there's an equal chance it'd be Hillary I suppose.

Pence is another Bush - with extra nasty religiosity. 

I think Bush (the younger obviously) was a semi-decent person for a Republican with some extremely dodgy fuckers around him. I think Pence would be similar. 

It would transform the principle of a Trump government though. It would just be another off the shelf Republican package. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it'll not alleviate the frustrations that brought us here which, crazy as he is, Trump stood a chance of doing.

Edited by Rayvin

Trump never stood a chance of benefiting anyone other than Trump. That he managed to sell this as some kind of revolution/rebellion against the status quo is to his strategists' eternal credit.

7 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Trump never stood a chance of benefiting anyone other than Trump. That he managed to sell this as some kind of revolution/rebellion against the status quo is to his strategists' eternal credit.

Agreed, but him being there acts as a pressure release. No one on offer was ever actually going to change anything for anyone - but if enough people believe that Trump has, or has tried to, it might settle down the anti-establishment sentiment again.

If he's ousted 4 months in, a decent number of them will think it's a stitch up. Moreover, even if they don't we'll have to re-run this fiasco with someone quite possibly more dangerous, in 5 years time.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Says an awful lot about Hilary too mind

I've thought about this a lot over the past few months, and I think Hillary would have won previous elections if she'd beaten Obama in the run off. I think she would have won vs. Bush junior too. Times have changed though.

Edited by Rayvin

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I've thought about this a lot over the past few months, and I think Hillary would have won previous elections if she'd beaten Obama in the run off. I think she would have won vs. Bush junior too. Times have changed though.

I agree but a more popular candidate would've beaten Trump too I think. That article posted recently about how voters were just a means to an end and how she was the type of establishment politician who liked to cosy up to big business behind closed doors at exclusive events and so on seemed both accurate and also how she is perceived. Shame Sanders never had a chance to run.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

No one on offer was ever actually going to change anything for anyone

I dunno. Trump could well snatch healthcare from millions of people. That's a bit of a change.

Flynn and other advisers to Trump’s campaign were in contact w/ Russian officials and others w/ Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls & emails during April and November 2016, according to Reuters.

This cover is spot on.

23viy41.jpg

Let's say Trump gets impeached over the  Russia investigation- its proven he was aware/complicit, for example. 

That would then mean Pence, as VP, becomes Prez. 

So, if Pence is also implicated, would that then mean a new election, or is there a "Deputy VP"?  

22 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Absolutely. Some of Parky and rayvin's comments in this thread haven been laughable. 

50 minutes ago, adios said:

Pretty sure it's Kiefer Sutherland after that.

Or Jon Goodman. 

I wonder if Trump ever bothered watching The West Wing? 

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden