President Biden

Happy Face

It is so clearly labelled as opinion - it even asks the viewer if they agree or disagree and to engage in debate at the close. Almost the exact opposite of propaganda.

Edited by Dr Gloom

:D

The Greeks ripped off practically the entirety of their ideas from Egypt. Elite Greeks had to go and study in Egypt before they were taken seriously. They nicked writing, astronomy and maths from the Phoenicians etc...

Edited by Park Life

C39HSOJWEAEQaxe.jpg

Sometimes you read things on the internet and think 'that's too stupid to be true', then you remember who the president is and suddenly it's very plausible.

:lol: I wonder if he's still so proud of the fact that he doesn't read.

Fair point actually. I posted an article a few pages back which noted that local Democrats in such areas were dismayed that the Hillary campaign fought the election on identity politics rather than policies to support workers. So you had areas that had voted Democrat for years voting for Trump. Actually, that looks exactly like what we've seen here with the rise of UKIP, so I think you're dead right.

I saw an interview with some ex-miners from West Virginia who'd voted Trump as he'd literally told them he'd reopen mines - the parallels with those Mackems who wanted the shipyards reopened as they provided "proper jobs" unlike Nissan was obvious.

superb piece of video journalism  

I've never much cared for Andrew Sullivan's viewpoint.  I think he's loathesome. His thatcherism is repugnant, as was his support for the Iraq war ("Like A Teenaged Girl Supporting The Jonas Brothers”), and his arguments in support of biological inequality

He's been making this argument for a long time prior to Trump's election to be fair to him though.  This from last May...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/america-tyranny-donald-trump.html?mid=fb-share-di#

Good (and worrying) read, especially in hindsight.

The good thing is while Trump ran on being an outsider and the video paints him moving aside all the experienced politicians, money men and institutions the public have no more time for, he's actually populated his inner circles with some of the worst examples of status quo perpetuating careerists and self interested businessmen.

The public won't stand for that.

If we are to see what happens in the video come to pass, then I think it would have to be the next iteration of Trump who pushes it through. Someone who really follows through on draining the swamp.

The good thing is while Trump ran on being an outsider and the video paints him moving aside all the experienced politicians, money men and institutions the public have no more time for, he's actually populated his inner circles with some of the worst examples of status quo perpetuating careerists and self interested businessmen.

The public won't stand for that.

If we are to see what happens in the video come to pass, then I think it would have to be the next iteration of Trump who pushes it through. Someone who really follows through on draining the swamp.

I said that 3 pages ago. It's why the elite are only using soft power against him for now.

They've included Paris, the Nice Truck attack and San Bernadino on there. What on earth do they qualify as under-reported?

They've included Paris, the Nice Truck attack and San Bernadino on there. What on earth do they qualify as under-reported?

He also seems to want each event treated like it was the first one, presumably not understanding that the more frequently something happens, the less newsworthy it is. That even applies to terrorism.

This whole battle with the media is really pointless from where we're standing, but I wonder if it's important for Trump in order to shore up his support. If he's not throwing counter narratives out there, presumably the MSM would wear people down over time. I can only assume that's what he's thinking. American trust in the media is at an all time low though (somewhere between 30 and 40% trust it) which suggests his methods are working. This isn't just on Trump though, it would appear that they've been falling for some time. It seems to be largely driven by Republicans.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/14/media/gallup-trust-in-media/

Edited by Rayvin

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden