President Biden

Happy Face

Looking at it, it's hard to say. Sweden refuses to register crimes based on ethnicity so we can only say that since immigrants started entering the country in substantial numbers, incidences have increased. However, that may also be because the definition of what constitutes a rape has increased:

Plus you'd like to think people are more inclined to report it these days. No idea if that's actually true though.

Er... ok. So my original point was that we're likely comparing two different numbers if we look at rape statistics from the two countries. One of which will include marital rape, and the other of which, will not (as it is not recognised as a crime and therefore won't be reported). As a journalist, presumably you can see that these are therefore not comparable figures.

I was just pointing out rape is rape. It makes no difference to a woman who is raped if the perpetrator is her husband. It's a backwards law

Its obviously a traumatic experience reporting rape in a western country but I doubt it really compares with reporting it in those cultures.

Imagine fearing charges of adultery if you haven't got the required number of witnesses?

In any case even if rape were less common I think the general level of freedom and equality would outweigh that "advantage".

None of which makes what Trump has done remotely acceptable btw, just in case that isn't obvious, but denial of facts, rather than facing them, is part of the phenomenon that led to the election of this fascist anyway. Sometimes you have to face these issues rather than ignore them.

Let me guess, someone has been defending or denying the cultural misogyny of Islam here. Am I close?

No, just arguing that the entire population of 7 countries aren't rapists

#snowflake

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Interesting to read the FT scoop about murdoch sitting in on Gove's interview with Trump, undisclosed. For all of the talk about the "MSM" going to war on the trump administration, it sounds like his relationship with Rupert is quite cosy. The two news organisations he took questions from at a recent joint presser with Abe? The NY Post and Fox.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Murdoch was always going to gravitate to him, it's entirely in keeping with his character - as much as I suspect he'd have preferred Hillary.

I think I say this every time Murdoch comes up anew, but is he not too fucking old for all this?

• On Monday, White House counsellor Kellyanne Conway said Mr Trump had "full confidence" in Mr Flynn;
  • White House spokesman Sean Spicer later said the president was "evaluating the situation". Hours later, Mr Flynn resigned.

Interesting piece in Prospect by Nick Cohen. The joke at the bottom fits in well with yesterday's Nordic seafarers gag too :D

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/posturing-behind-the-people-brexit-trump

Edit: Added the link now, yours truly, team special :good:

Ps you may have to give them your email :unsure:

Edited by PaddockLad

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden